Thu, Sep 19, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Constrained Chaos?

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 9:53 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Just wondering, but is there a way, when "Randomizing" objects, to keep the objects within a certain area? Say for instance, I wanted to randomize the placement of jellybeans, but needed to keep them within the jar.... any ideas?

antevark ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 11:10 PM

Stop randomizing when they get out of the jar? Triple the amount of jellybeans and intersect them with a solid version of the jar? The randomizing controls are very simple, bryce doesn't have nearly enough options for it. :(

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 12:14 AM

There is a way to do it but it is very complicated. Multireplicate a jelly bean 40 times in a square and randomize (2d rotate) them so they look fairly good. switch to top view and make sure they all fit within the circular area. hide any other objects but the jellybeans and do a distance render from top view. Save this image and load it as a terrain. Place the terrain right where the other beans are. Now create a new square of 40 beans and randomize them, again adjusting them to fit within the container. These should be done on a higher level than the terrain and previous beans. Now make sure you have the new set selected and go to the align pulldown, then "snap to land." the beans should drop onto the profile of the terrain, thus conforming correctly. Then repeat, leve; by level, a new mask render eask time, until the jar is filled.

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:16 AM

Well, after that explaination, I'll never randomize jelly beans, ever, too much work, I'd rather just eat'em...8) Oh, does the same hold true for gumdrops?

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 5:24 AM

Er.... yeah. Thanx for the suggestion. Sounds complicated. Maybe I'll just place them manually. It'll be a zen thing. ;)

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 7:17 AM

easiest option would be to randomize them, go to top-view and drag a rectangular selection around the jellybeans out side the jar. Delete the selected beans and select some more. The last ones can always be deleted by hand.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.