Sat, Sep 21, 5:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Trees in Carrara 3

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 4:31 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:04 PM

I'm going to get the upgrade eventually, but I was curious -- with the new tree modeler, how wide a variety of trees can you make? Is it basically "pine tree" or "elm tree," or can you make palm trees, spooky haunted-house trees, rain-forest giant, bushes, ferns, what-have-you? If any of you have played with it and have a moment, I'd really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

jayhawk ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 9:39 PM

I received C3 beta the other day and that was one of the first things I looked at. There is quite a variety of stock trees and from what I have seen, you can make your own as well. I must say though that there is a lack if shaders such as bark and leaf textures but that might come with the completed program. I was considering Bryce 5 but since seeing this, I think I'll hold off for a while. Hope this answers your question dave!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 5:28 AM

file_71366.jpg

Dave, Currently, these are thee stock trees. Any of the parameters of the trees (branch, limb or trunk size and width, leaf size and quanity etc.) are fully adjustable. In addition, you can create your own leaves!

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 11:13 AM

This is exactly what I wanted to know. The list is extremely helpful Mark, and Jayhawk, I was thinking the exact same thing, except substitute Vue for Bryce! Thanks guys!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 3:53 PM

The description of tree parameter variables reminds me of TreePro, but it looks like there are more stock tree types in C3 for less money.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 4:34 PM

As far as shaders are concerned, its easy to create your own, just swap out the existing sha0der, with turbulence as the mixer, and different shades of brown, for the bark and same for leaves (green of course). Brian

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 11:40 PM

You stick both hands into the tree modeler (I think it would be better to call it the plant modeler) and you're going to get your mind blown! There are tons of switches and variables to play with and you can make TONS of plants. The model is really pretty daggone spiff! -Kix

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.