Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: the "Koshini Effect"????

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 8:59 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:39 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_71466.jpg

HI , I found these over at another forum for Lightwave3D the artist is named Kim goosens it a rigged lightwave character Sort of reminds me of Koshini :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:01 AM

file_71467.jpg

....another

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:03 AM

file_71468.jpg

....one more

My website

YouTube Channel

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:04 AM

Well, it's different enough that it's pretty clearly not her. But check that sweater in #2 -- that's real cloth dynamics. Nice.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:16 AM

It looks like a really good cross between LaRoo and Koshini. Pretty neat actually. I'd love to see a set of these charaters available in Poser, male and female. Really nice style.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:29 AM

Wolfy The number 2 with the cloth looks top.. many people working with LW on characters.. you have there many tutorials and previews to make one so maybe why she looks this way.. but well nice modeling work

shazz501 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:53 AM

this is a very pretty character,i like this one,i agree,she looks like a cross between koshini and Laroo,very nice indeed!!!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:53 AM

Boy this is really nice....five fingers too....I like this look. Sharen

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:08 AM

I didn't really fall for either Koshini or Laroo, but I think I'd buy this one - she's a cutie.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:11 AM

well, I personally dont have koshine or laroo. But I've said it once and I'll say it again. Kosh is the most creative character I have seen hit the poser scene in a VERY long time. I find her more interesting too look at in renders than even V3. I dont have her because if I did, I'd be spending time I dont have making things for her :P. this figure would give koshini a run for her money tho if poserized. She's very impressive. Someone should approach the creator about converting her to poser. She'd make an excellent playmate for Koshini... :) BT

Puntomaus ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:38 AM

Wow, if she'd be available I would buy her right away. Just look at the third image. She is so beautiful.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:40 AM

Good points BT.. I didn't mean to 'dis' either of those other characters or thier creators - we can always use more variety of models. They just didn't push my personal/esthetic buttons hard enough to get me to buy them ;).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

shogakusha ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:56 AM

So where is this LW forum? This looks like a top notch character!

neftis ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 11:07 AM

Oh she's fabulous!!Love the modeling! exquisite!

orangeparty ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 11:08 AM

This really is an incredible figure - her face is very expressive.

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 11:12 AM

She's gorgeous! I'd buy her too! Please beg them to make her 'Poser'able. :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

VI_Knight ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 12:15 PM

I would definitely buy her. Those are excellent renders. So where is this request form we are signing?

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 12:15 PM

I don't think she looks that much like Koshini. I mean, I can see some similarities, but I'd say it's more that the artist just has similar aesthetics and influences as LadyLittlefox. Cute character, though, definitely. :) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 12:34 PM

She is absolutely stunning! I don't see a resemblance either between LaRoo of Koshini, this gal is a force of her own.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:04 PM

That image with the sweater is sexy. great images by the artist.

runnerma ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:11 PM

I want her, I need her, Im in love with her!!!! Any link???

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:19 PM

I contacted the creator and ask him if this was going to be a product he would sell. Waiting for reply soon. Sharen

Momcat ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:26 PM

REally! I'm floored. This is an amazing character. >^_^

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cgchannel.com/forum/viewthread?thread=1629&offset=29

For those that wish to learn/see more... later jb

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 2:35 PM

Great character indeed. If translated to Poser, it would be a best seller !

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 3:57 PM

Oh I love her!! She is so cute! Mind you I think I'd make the bb's a little smaller for my work lol but she is just adorable!

Simderella ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 4:24 PM

wow... she is awesome.. I would definitley buy her!! I like Koshini, i don't use her though, and i don't like LaRoo at all.. (sorry laroo fans) But she is stunning! Wish i could model like that, or in fact at all.. ;) -SimderZ-

My Gallery

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 4:33 PM

oooooooooh I lIKE her. she is not overly ackky animeish..in that unsettleing way.{sorry koshini finger fear here} I would use this figure..to bad it is not for poser.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Eowyn ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 4:42 PM

OMG... I'm in love! I don't like Koshini or LaRoo that much but this girl is SUPERB!

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 5:03 PM

Lovely as she is - you won't be able to buy her. The cr3eator has stated in those forums that while he considered selling her t Turbo Squid or Ebay he chose not to as he doesn't want to see a ton of Lewd images of her. That definitely leaves out Poser wink

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

TMGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 5:09 PM

What a wonderful model! Very nicely done!! TMG

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 5:38 PM

looking at her again I can not help but think of jessica Rabbit from who framed roger rabbit..she is just so cute ..lovely!!!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

neftis ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 5:46 PM

file_71469.jpg

Hello guys...If I try to make something similar, would you be interested??? I tried some morph on one of my models...Here is the results ...after only 15 minutes of morphs... If the demand is there..then I will go on with it. I think I cannot make her exactly the same...but a character in this categorie, I can try...

neftis ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 6:19 PM

file_71471.jpg

here is another image...Only a try again...

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 6:38 PM

Neftis, hopefully this won't push this thread onto the dark sid... er, commercial side, but I would deffinately concider buyibg that character. I'm not a Koshini fan, but THIS figure is my idea of a sprite/pixie/elf. mike

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 6:42 PM

Neftis, please, go for it! :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 6:46 PM

I'd say go for it! You already have your figure Poserized, so you're ahead of the game in that regard. On your second image there, I'd tend to want to make her a little bit shorter in the waist (abdomen not so tall). It also looks like her forearms are longer than her upper-arms ('shoulder'), but that might just be the angle. You might also consider making the fingers a bit shorter... but yu're off to a great start!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 6:48 PM

neftis, browse through the works of comic book artist J. Scott Campbell if you want additional inspiration.

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 8:09 PM

J. Scott Campbell's work would make excellent Poser Glamour art figures - I'd love to have a Danger Girl. The figure at the top is one of the most unique I've ever seen. I'd break out the credit card for that one in a heartbeat! -Jeff

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 8:57 PM

I had actually considered making this kind of character, but dont really want to because I dont want to bother koshini (she's too neat to compete with). I dont care for the other anime-type characters, even tho they are neat. This one however could have de-throned koshini. Too bad she wont be poserized. sniffle neftis, pull her eyes farther apart and drag the inner part of the eyelid (the part closest to the nose) downwards to give a more sultry look. Make her head a bit more onion shaped instead of so exactly humanoid. :) BT

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 9:25 PM

Neftis, I, partially, agree with brycetech, widen the span between the eyes a bit, but I would make the "sultry" look a morph. There is something about the current shape of the eyes that has an "innocent" look to them that I'd like to see stay. mike

n3k0 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 11:19 PM

WOW!!! (slight delay after picking up jaw that's dropped several times) She's beautiful!!! She looks like Karen Duffy!!!

compiler ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 5:04 AM

file_71472.jpg

Great work Neftis. I would definitely consider buying her. If I may throw a word or two of advice to make her better suit my personal taste : - Make the jaw back corner much more round (like in the first image of this post) rather than square : it gives a much younger look IMO. - make the upper abdomen a little less high and the hips a little less wide (although you might consider letting this option open via a morph) - give her a more endowed chest, but in the form of round and high bossom rather than the watermellons we see usually - give her smaller lats But these are really small modifications that can be made as morphs (see pic for what I mean). Your work is already awesome. Bravo pour cette ure : elle est dsexy en diable !

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 7:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cgchannel.com/forum/viewthread?thread=1629&offset=20

Check out this thread also. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 7:39 AM

To see more pictures of The Girl...scroll towards the bottom. Sharen

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 7:59 AM

I don't consider the girl to really be anime at all. Perhaps "tooned" a bit but not really anime. I love that the slanted eyes and lips have an ethnic look to them.

-Galileo

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 8:08 AM

Doesn't she look similar to a animated cartoon movie that Kim Bassinger was the animated girl. I forgot the name of the movie, it was a while back. Sharen

ivyroses ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 8:16 AM

The name of the movie is cool world. I just saw it the other day on hbo.

ShadowRose ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 10:44 AM

I really don't like LaRoo or Koshini, but this one is pretty cool.

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2003 at 3:16 PM

The amusing thing is that with Roxanne for Victoria (by Capces) you can get a figure very close to this one... hmmmm. I'll have to work up a render to show you guys ....

Harbynger ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 2:58 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.