Fri, Sep 20, 4:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to get hairs on the outside with DGC AnythingGrows

pmareschal ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 12:15 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 7:24 PM

Dear all, I made a U-shaped volume (built in Spline modeller, converted to polygon modeller) and I'd like to get hairs in the outside of the shape. When I use DGC AnythingGrows (very nice tool BTW), hairs are coming on the inside of the U. Is there a way to 'invert' normals (if, as I assume, hairs are grown on the "normal" side of the polygon). What do you suggest to solve this tricky problem?

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 12:40 PM

Can you post an image?? I'm sure that there is a function (keys combination) to orient normals, but at the moment i don't remeber it. Try to search in the archived messages... Hope this help TOXE

pmareschal ( ) posted Sun, 17 August 2003 at 3:45 AM

file_71982.jpg

OK, here is a picture: 1. Create a u-shaped mushroom in spline modeler 2. Convert to polygons, remove "closing" of the shape (see white arrows) 3. Add hairs: They appear on the trunk (green arrow) and on the inside of the top shape (red arrow).

As suggested by Eric Winemiller from DCG, simply go in the vertex modeler, select Edit->Return shape (I have a French version, I don't know the exact label in English) and there you are: Hairs on the trunk and on the outside of the top shape. (See picture.)

Thanks to you all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.