Fri, Sep 20, 2:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Real people imported into poser with new prop, sort of :)

Zarabanda ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 1:58 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

file_72557.jpg

Can anyone guess who this celebrity is? I'm interested in reactions to a prop I'm working on. It's extremely lo-res and easy to work with. The prop allows you to place anyone's head on a poser body in short time, with minimal effort (and some minor postwork). This isn't meant for serious photorealistic renders, just more fun, entertaining kinda stuff. All the current methods for recreating real people in poser are really labor intensive and don't always yield the greatest results (see Daz's digital clone). Here's a sample render, with minimal post.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 2:29 PM

Interesting... is the prop something like a mask?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

dwj012754 ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 2:32 PM

It looks a lot like Jessica Biel from Seventh Heaven to me. You should give us some details on your prop.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 3:07 PM

very cool....Sharen

notefinger ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 3:22 PM

Its Bill Clinton!

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 3:52 PM

Sounds like an excellent idea. I don't know who it's suposed to be, so consequently I don't how well it worked, the face looks real enough who ever it's suposed to be.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 4:48 PM

LOL..notefinger...LOL...Sharen

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 7:22 PM

That's Alan Alda!

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 8:32 PM

That's Saddam Hussein. No wonder they can't find him...:) Hey! that thing looks cool. How about sharing and letting us try. I've always wanted to be James Bond... Give it a shake...

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 3:11 AM

What if you make the mask semi transparent to allow the the morphed figures face to show through a little, get the face as close as you can to the likeness then use the mask in semi transparent mode to allow the face to show throufg to bring up some depth into the mask?

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 3:56 AM

Looking nice, didn't know Jesica Biel had such a great body:)

sabretalon ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 6:22 AM

Looks good, would like to know more about it. Not sure I'd fancy her, especially with the 5 O'Clock shadow.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 10:58 AM

A guess; hide the face,install a flat plate, use a photo face as texture, and remove the exxess of the plate with a transmap?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 12:36 PM

OK Zarabanda, you got us interested. More info please!

Zarabanda ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 7:53 PM

file_72558.jpg

Thank you everyone for your interest. For those who guessed Jessica Biel, congrats. :) This is still a WIP and I have tried a million ways to skin this cat, but so far, this is what has worked the best. This prop was made using the grouping tool and UVmapper. This process has been more difficult and time consuming than I first thought, but at this point its starting to work. The nice thing is it requires very minor tweaking and postwork, just about anyone with basic Poser/PS skills could handle this. I plan on releasing this as a .pz3 in free stuff with some tutes when this is perfected.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:36 PM

you could use a poser 1 head replacment to do this too.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 12:37 PM

hmmm five oclock shadow hmmmm

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:37 PM

I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on this, If you need a beta tester (Poser 4) I'm game!

Zarabanda ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:51 PM

tried the poser 1 head, it didn't quite work as well. The main problem you run into is the quality of the source material. If I had 8x10 glossy head shots of people, of course that would open up my options. But if you're trying to use a small photo or something off the web, this is easier to use and yields the best results.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.