Fri, Oct 4, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Text to Speech Applications(Hey Little Dragon!)

Odiemance ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 2:50 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:18 PM

Has anything better than TextAloudMP3 come out lately?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 4:43 PM

I haven't come across any other interesting consumer applications lately, but there are better text-to-speech synthesizers than TextAloud's default speech engine. AT&T's Natural Voices, for instance. TextAloud has support for Natural Voices, and can be purchased with Natural Voices included at additional cost.

Kenmac ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 5:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rhetorical.com/cgi-bin/demo.cgi

If you want to hear the most natural text to speech I've heard to date, check out the url above. They even have different accents like British, Australian and "Valley Girl".

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 5:50 PM

Yes, Rhetorical's speech engine is great. I'm also impressed by the Loquendo and Voiceware engines, which are moving away from the stiff, stilted, neutral speech output of earlier efforts.

Here's a site that does a side-by-side comparison of over a dozen speech engines:

http://www.tmaa.com/tts/comparison_USEng_highres.htm

Odiemance ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 10:25 AM

Thanks! Do these applications work on thier own? I remember needing to install a Microsoft Agent thingy on my last computer. = )

dougf ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 1:58 PM

I have purchased the AT&T product and it runs without Agent.

ming ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 3:33 PM

I own AT&T it's not too bad. It does sound robotic though. I tried the links above, to listen to other products. I like Speechify, but I spent 10 minutes trying to find out the price. Evidently they don't want to sell their product, because I couldn't get the price.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.