Tue, Sep 24, 7:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Problem whith painting blackwhite photos

Serious ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 7:33 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:23 AM

I use The PS6 for now. This is my problem: I could never sucseed to get over the greese that still remains in my colours. Usually I do Ajust-Britness/Contrast to bring the selected colour to a sharp white, then colorise, but I am shure that is another way much easier and more effective. Please help me find this way out!

Susieqbaby ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 10:01 PM

I'm not sure I understood what you are wanting, but if you are after making the black and the gray more black I might suggest....going to image>mode>lab color, then filter>sharpen>unsharp mask, move the sliders around to make the black in your picture more prominent, when you raise the sliders (the top two) it will have more of an effect on the parts of your image that are black or have a black tint. Don't forget to change back to RGB to continue working.

Serious ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 12:34 AM

Thank you, Susieqbaby, for a try to help! I understand, this is a problem in my english also... No, what I actually meaned is that if I change colours over a blackwhite photo I can never achieve clear colours, whithout some grey shadows in that make the image a bit "dirty". :-)

Susieqbaby ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:26 AM

ok you are wanting to add color to a black and white image then? you can try >on the layer with your colors, set the blend mode to overlay, or there is another way, I'll have to get back to you on the step by step on that, or maybe someone else can offer some help.

cybia ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:54 PM

Hi, I've just released 3 free plugins for B&W photo effects at my website here : www.cybia.co.uk They are very basic but originally written for myself as I have always liked the traditional B&W format and enjoy replicating a similar look digitally these days. "Hi-Spot" will turn your colour photos B&W with a high contrast automatically, making crisp dark blacks and clean whites. "G-Force" will turn your colour photos a softer B&W with a grain effect. "Techni-X" is a very high-contrast effect for limiting most of the mid-tones leaving a strong image Have fun! Steve

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 9:17 PM

Thanks Steve, i think i'll go stop by and check em' out.

:)
retrocity

Serious ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:13 PM

retrocity: You should! Even if I could'nt find the promouted plugins (I just dont look into the stuff for sale for not feel too sad) but there is a great number of very useful links to other plugins and tutorials! Thank you, cybia !

cybia ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 5:30 PM

Hi again, If you couldn't find the above mentioned free filters then here are the direct page links ... Hi-Spot : www.cybia.co.uk/hispot.htm G-Force : www.cybia.co.uk/gforce.htm Techni-X : www.cybia.co.uk/technix.htm Hope this helps! There are also my older free plugin packs still there. Here are the links ... www.cybia.co.uk/alpha.htm www.cybia.co.uk/colour.htm www.cybia.co.uk/edge.htm www.cybia.co.uk/screen.htm www.cybia.co.uk/emboss.htm www.cybia.co.uk/swapshop.htm www.cybia.co.uk/blaster.htm www.cybia.co.uk/mezzy.htm They are all freebies that I made myself. Have fun with them! More plugin in progress and will be released soon. Steve

karosnikov ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 11:21 PM

A black and white photo hey, maybe it'a a gray scale.. :P in photshop land bit-map is normaly Only 2 colours black and white (though technically the debate continues wether they are colours or not - any way hehehe we'd like to help if we knew what you wanted... try this image -mode -rgb desaturate posterise (4) new layer (blend mode overlay (or multiply) fill with a colour hehehe red+grey will always make a desaturated colour (well depending on the opacity and blending mode.

Serious ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 3:10 PM

To karosnikov Oh, yea, it actually works! A bit rude, to my test, I suppose, whith the edges, but I blame my lack of experiense here... YUUUUU, THANK YOU!

karosnikov ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 2:26 PM

it's crude Posterise was just an experiment... the best way to get colour photo into Grey is go to, image mode LAB delete the +a +b channels and Use the lighness one only.. covert into "greayscale" If you want colour this is.. I suppose you might want to take it to RGB. mode

Serious ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 5:53 AM

Maybe it is to soon to know for sure, but probably I found the solution... It is in Procyn filter plug-in combined whith karoshnikov's advise. Tint red is the answer! Later I may say different tnings about, heee...

karosnikov ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 9:37 PM

post a image some time of your success... or even attempts.....

Serious ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 2:47 AM

Today! :-)

Serious ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 5:44 AM

Done!

yolkworm ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 6:14 PM

Re: "Done!" Where?

Serious ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 7:17 PM

Beginners-nudity (heee, that's why!) by Serious :-)

Serious ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 11:34 AM

Troubles in paradise! It works for me only whith dark, full of detailes photos -- when I try it on overlighted or overblurred ones, it does'nt seem to work... What to do???

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.