Thu, Sep 19, 4:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: Open question to Customers

BlueBeard ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 7:56 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:08 AM

Why do people not keep their email addresses at Renderosity up to date? They are missing out. When I have an update, or I give something away to my customers, I use the tools here to annouce how they can download it free. But, my email gets flooded with unable to deliver your message. Beside they are missing out on coupons and other things. Just a curious thought, as I offered some free thing to my customers and I was dreading getting 50 emails back as undeliverable!

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 11:33 AM

May be you included HTML in your mail ? Or may be you used some words like "sexy" ? Many anti-spam strategies consist in refusing HTML and e-mails with some specific words in their title. Just my 2 eurocents.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 1:17 PM

nope, it drives us mods crazy too. Many many people use bogus addresses, or never update them. So when we try to contact them we get bounced messages, and they get nasty surprises. sigh Just yet another of those little things ....

TheWanderer ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 3:52 PM

Hi guys I have had several messages bounced back to the people who have sent them recently. This has not been on purpose, what happens is My e-mail I use for most things is a hotmail address unfortunately it gets bombarded with Spam. So if I don't go into it for several days (I don't like going into it at work because I really don't want people to know I'm in the market for larger breasts or I don't want to have larger other parts of my anatomy) then my alloted space gets full and messages start to be bounced back (the junk mail folder btw is full I can't add any more of these cursed people to it) To add insult to injury I'm now getting spam text messages on my cell phone! Dave ( who has opened the floodgates to a tide of bad montypython references)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:46 PM

I have been emailed by only 2 merchants the whole time I've been here. My address has never changed. But as said, with all the spam lately, I delet maybe faster than I should. On another note, I love the package I just bought from you this week.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 8:32 PM

Hi, hope I'm on your update list BlueBeard. love esther PS my email is valid, and although I get a ton of spam there seems to be room for everything.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 1:05 AM

Not directed at you Bluebeard, at all ... but up until just now I removed myself from the "special offers" list because one Vendor sent out daily emails that were irrelevant to his product and extremely annoying. Your post reminded me why I should be on the special offers list from vendors. I have now re-checked that option and hope I won't get spammed like that again. Wish me luck! :) Brynna

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

BlueBeard ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 1:21 PM

Beryld, I hope you stopped to pick up the bonus stockings listed in the zip. If you have boughten from me, then you are on the list. Being a merchant for a little over a year, I learned things as I go, and when I figure out a better way, I will include that in older items, sort of a refresher. I took time last spring to review all items in my store, and updated half of them due to version numbers, rsr files, etc. so that everyone would have a seamless product. Things should be up to date. It just gets frustrating when several people don't get the word. The fact is, in update emails, I never use html or words like sex etc. to get it bounced back. And I do realize that some mailboxes could be full. Its the one that says that mailbox doesn't exist, that I was refering to. Brynna, Clint has been cracking down on that. All emails from merchants must be about a free add-on or a product update, or no go! Good, now you can get 10% off coupons that they sometimes send out. And the newsletter wills sometimes have specials on it. Thank you for letting me vent a bit. There are lots of us who try and we like customers who try also!

BlueBeard ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 1:27 PM

Beryl, The set you picked up is definitely my best seller of all time. I guess I should have charged more for it! ;) EG Phil did such an incredible job with it, made my work so much easier. And I think I have made a friend. It is nice to work with other merchants that care about their work.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 3:24 PM

Heh, I'm glad you didn't charge more. I had to pay full price for Phil's stuff. My computer blew up, so I missed all the sales at that time. I'm still tring to get back what I lost, new computer won't read my old disks, so all I had was a boxed P4. It's a good community, I've been able to get paid stuff replaced, but will take 6 months to get it all with this slow modem.

BlueBeard ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 3:33 PM

It might be worth it to look into having them burn your purchased to a CD and ship them to you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.