Sun, Oct 6, 4:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Final WIP for August Challenge

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 10:35 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:26 PM

file_73226.jpg

This image is my attempt at recreating a tree that my brother took a snapshot of when he was in Kuwait. The significance of this tree is that it stands alone in the desert. The native people there call this tree the "Tree Of Life" cause it is all alone with no other vegetation growing with it. My "Tree Of Life" is comprised of: 21 trees (Cedar of Lebanon) in the Tree Lab. soft shadows True Ambience sleight DOF 256 rays per pixel no extra lights, just Bryce sunlight. Premium render at 15 hours Everything is Bryce save for the Zygote Camels. This is the image I will enter for the challenge Thanks for the challenge Stefano. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 10:54 PM

Super tree, looks really great.

Imagination is the highest kite one can fly...

macmondo ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 11:18 PM

This looks pretty good Stefano. Everytime I think I would change something I look back at the photo. I think you have it nailed. An Excellent job! I sure would like to see some screen-shots of the tree's wireframe.
The only think I could think of is maybe a filmgrain as postwork, but maybe not.

brholte ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 12:10 AM

that is the coolest tree I've ever seen!! seriously!! kick ass job. I would just work on the terrain texture myself, but as far as the tree goes, i wouldn't touch it brholte

Swade ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 12:24 AM

file_73227.jpg

Lol Macmondo... I am Swade.... I was just saying thanks to Stefano for the challenge. It forced me to learn something new that I never really worked with much. 8) Here is a screenshot of that tree for ya. Swade

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Elsina ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 4:51 AM
macmondo ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 9:24 AM

Thanks SWADE 8) for the screenshot. That is a killer job on the Tree. I look at the screenshot and gears in my mind began to turn... but drat...I'll have to wait until I get home to play. Now that I am straight... Thanks Stefano for a great challenge idea! Bryce trees will never be the same on this forum again. Mine sure won't be.

WindofChanges ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 12:25 PM

outstanding idea...looks very beautiful...Like this a lot:)

WindofChanges ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 12:25 PM

outstanding idea...looks very beautiful...Like this a lot:)

mloates ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 2:58 PM

Beautiful work Swade. The image is fantastic! I love the way that tree came out.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 4:08 PM

Hey Wade, your split personality on show again.............lol 8D You've done a brilliant job on this image. I like it very much for the complexity of the tree and the simplicity of the scene. Catlin

ttops ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 6:13 PM

Fantastic tree/scene. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.