Wed, Oct 2, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Petition

Phate_ ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 3:46 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:24 AM

Reply here if you think that people who arent registered with 'rosity should still be able to view the galleries

DraX ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 3:50 PM

People outside Renderosity can already view the gallery if you direct them to a specific artist's gallery with a direct link. I think that allowing everyone to view the galleries again will only lead to the same stolen images problem we had in the past that caused Renderosity's policy on this to change in the first place.

ryamka ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 3:50 PM

Nope, sorry. I do not support this. The traffic level in the galleries is already pretty high and relatively slow (and I am on a cable modem with fantastic speeds). Registration keeps the usage elvel tolerable, just. Plus, it opens the galleries to more comments by people not registered here, which will only result in more cry babies coming in here complaining about the messages people are leaving in their galleries. Just my opinion. - Ray

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 3:55 PM

What a surprise, I don't support the open galleries either, for the same reasons Ray and DraX gave above. Membership is free...anyone really interested can easily sign up. If they don't want to sign up, then they really aren't all that interested, so what's the point of having them have full access to the galleries? Laziness is not a reason...it's an excuse.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 4:04 PM

I agree with all three. Hubby even joined to see the galleries. It's no big deal to join and only takes a few secs.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 4:01 AM

Ditto. We have enough problems with the galleries as it is.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 4:59 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad bad did I say bad?

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

aggelos ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 12:56 AM

illusions I agree with you. One of the reasons we post our work (least I thought it was) was to share it with everyone. Restricting it to members only seems to me, to be the antithesis of that aim.

VOID ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 3:21 AM

I dont see the problem. Art Directors and others looking for talent are either used to sign up for lots of pages, or they can not be very serious. Renderosity is perhaps the biggest community for 3D artists and I seriously doubt any serious interest from those who pass by it because theyd have to sign up. I am not posting my art here just because I want to share it. I am not that altruistic. What I want is feedback and as I would not get any feedback from non-members anyway, I would see no reason to change the current system.

aggelos ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 2:14 AM

void good points.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 7:03 AM

So they sign up and then steal it, You don't think they are going to give you thier real name do yhou, and even if they give you thier real e mail address that wont do you any good if the images are selling on t shirts and mugs on some site without any e mail contact.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.