Sun, Sep 22, 4:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: -WIP- "The Storm" Second Edition

ETHAN1 ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2000 at 2:07 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 1:43 PM

file_130300.jpg

I fellow your ideas. Add some trees in front, reduce the fog and create more clouds. I include a few seagulls too cos I think it makes the oceanside more realistic! Please leave your comments! Thank you

arcamus ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 1:35 AM

this looks good but does not cary the feel of a storm. My ideaof a storm includes wind ( adarned difficult thing to do in Bryce)and maybe rain (easier). Following the same wind idea I would also try to have deeper waves. Hope this helps

Toad ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:20 AM

Looking much better - i think however that maybe you ccould blur the light to the lighthouse a bit better - it sort of looks like they're aren't connected.... And i think you need something else on the right to help balancce the picture... or maybe move the tree in the middle a little more to the left..... Hope these help! Clarissa! PS - for stormy effects - put some fog on/ maybe a faded layer of "difference clouds" (photoshop) over the scene, and maybe some swooshes of clouds in the background, and bigger waves out in sea - cause storms get more ferocious out in sea... at the moment i think it sort of looks like it was taken after a storm (idea?)

Toad ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:22 AM

Just last thoughts - i dont think seagulls fly around in a storm (that's what makes it look like post-storm, that and the trees and landscape are perfectly still, another reason it doesn't look like its yet in the middle of a storm... Sorry to be so harsh - its really lookin great! good luck Clarissa xox

mystic_fm ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 1:26 PM

Or maybe he should just change the name to "After the Storm"? :) Especially if he could get the ground textures to look a little more "wet" (might be just a matter of darkening them).

mystic_fm ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 1:26 PM

Oops, Toad already suggested that, and I missed it. Sorry!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.