Tue, Oct 22, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: skin texture help

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 12:53 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:32 AM

heres the problem: when i apply a head texture it shows up on the head and the body?? why?? what do i do?? i apply the body skin texture and its fine...until... i do the head and then i have the same problem again...head on head and body. what am i doing wrong? how do i fix this?? i'm using poser4 happens with vicki and p4 thanks netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:05 PM

How are you applying the texture? Via a MAT file or the material editor?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:07 PM

i put body up then go to material and load the mat file body texture netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:12 PM

And then you use a MAT file to apply the head texture? It sounds like the MAT file contains some wrong coding. You'll probably need to manually apply the head material via the material editor instead of using the MAT...

"you are terrifying

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_73558.jpg

ok i'm lost!lol the differece between a mat and the other is?? what to do with mat??

www.oodlesdoodles.com

geep ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:27 PM

Hi bnetta ,

P4 has only ONE map for the head and body.
They are NOT SEPARATE maps.

If you load the head it will show on the head and body.

If you load the body it will show on the head and body.

You need to use the correct template map for the figure to which it is being applied.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:30 PM

ok geep i think i got that part... so the charater body must be able to take separate maps. one for head anouther for body like maya does...doesn't vicki do this?? whats the difference between a texture and a mat?? what is a mat?? lol learning slowly but surely. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:33 PM

V1 V2 V3, and in fact most models have two separate maps. One for head, one for body. Make sure you have unchecked "Texture changes apply to whole figure" or whatever it is in the materials dialog box. MAT is a Material pose. It's just something which was discovered that allows a pose file to apply a texture to a model.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:37 PM

Ah, the problem is that you're not using Vicki. You're using Posette (the standard Poser 4 female figure). If you bought Vicki, you should find her in a folder in your characters library called "Daz People".

"you are terrifying

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:41 PM

thank you ! i thought i had picked vicki from the daz folder off to check!lol and the apply to whole figure too! if that doesn't work i'll be back.lol so the mat is just a texture that ends up in the pose files. got it! how do you save a body with tex to the library?? netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

geep ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 1:47 PM

Just do it. Save it, that is. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 2:14 PM

karen, judging by the pic above, that is VIctoria.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 2:22 PM

Hmm, I was about to say no way... then I loaded up Posette, you're right, it's not her. It's Vicki 2... haven't used her in so long I forgot what she looks like! Netta, can you tell us what texture you're using? And maybe post a screenshot of the material window so we can see the settings? Sorry it looks like I sent you on a wild goose chase...

"you are terrifying

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 3:12 PM

thank you all for your help!! it was vicki and i did figure out what i was doing wrong!lol the apply to all box..duhhh i hadn't even thought about what it ment since i always check it for the clothes!lol again thanks.... now off to search for transmap info! got one that doesn't make part of the item invisable..lol one problem solved a new one to hunt out! netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 3:15 PM

The older poser figures, like the P4 Fem use a single texture map which contains both head and body textures. Newer figures from DAZ like vicki 2 and 3 have 2 texture maps. One for the head and one for the body. This is to give a more accurate and realistic look. First thing to do. Check which character you're using. Then open up the texture in a graphics program or viewer and see if it contains head and body or just one of the two. Then you'll know which figure it's supposed to go on. MAT files - MAT(erial) Files or MAT Poses are modified Pose files which, instead of applying a Pose to a figure, apply materials and textures. This saves you the bother of going to find the textures and setting it all up yourself. When you use MATs, just make sure you're applting them to the correct figure. They will usually be named 'Vicki3Lips' or whatever. If in doubt, try the MAT, but if nothing happens, don't save the figure to the Library afterwards. Because if you apply a MAT to the wrong figure, it will add the materials to it anyway, but they won't do anything, so you're saving extra materials that are no use. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.