Sat, Sep 21, 4:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Please Critique... been trying my hand at textures

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 11:34 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:39 PM

file_130350.jpg

I think that I'm getting somewhere with textures finally. I think my skin still needs a little work though. Plus my hair needs desperate help. Could someone tell me how you guys manage to get the lady's hair soooo damned realistic looking? I like the way you also make it look like it's growing out of her head! Any ways I realize just how important those focal settings are... thanks to whomever it was that mentioned that. I'll keep plugging away at these guys till i get em right!

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:17 PM

If your making a plastic person then your doing a good job. I don't think I know anyone that color pink or that shinny. There is an expression I like to use, 'Don't reinvent the wheel when it rolls just fine' That means there are 100's of realistic textures already created for the p4 women and vicky. How about you start with the ignored p4 man and make him look really good. You might get better results if you set your object, hightlight, and ambant colors to BLACK and adjust your reflective colors a bit. As for the hair 90% of it is post production (touched up in a paint program) but some people use trans maps to get the same (and better) effects. -Colt

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:23 PM

{As for the hair 90% of it is post production (touched up in a paint program)} Unless you're Zygote - then you render it in Maya... ;-) It sometimes helps to get graphic "hair samples" from wig or hair styling sites for the textures. Also, you do need to play with the transparancy sliders - and the reflection channel - to get decent results in poser - either that or use the superior hair from Kozaburro, Allie, and Grey.

Uthena ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:26 PM

Colt, That is the P3 man with a lot of morphs to make him look less dorky. Quixotic-Dragon has been working on him for a while now. So what he needs, apparently, is for someone to point him in the direction of P3 male textures. As for the guy bein pink, that's actually almost my skin tone but I'm paler. I think he looks great. He's kinda the same style as a Japanese manga or Final Fantasy 8. He looks a hellofa lot better than the original P3 dork. With a good enuff texture, he'd be awesome!

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:29 PM

Someone (Anton maybe?) posted a good male texture in the forum about a month back; maybe a search through the arcives would yield it?

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:59 PM

Go get Kozaburo's hair on Digital Babes or use Allie's hair (Freestuff). Those are the ones I think you are referring to when you talk about the hair growing 'out of the head'. There are at least 4 different ones--his original one, the ponytail, the morphable one and Grey's collaborative one. Then--you can alter the color maps and you have lots of wonderful looking hair. Oh--Confusious's new morphable-its a terrific hair too. Diane

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:59 PM

Go get Kozaburo's hair on Digital Babes or Poser Factory (probably the latter) or use Allie's hair (Freestuff). Those are the ones I think you are referring to when you talk about the hair growing 'out of the head'. There are at least 4 different ones--his original one, the ponytail, the morphable one and Grey's collaborative one. Then--you can alter the color maps and you have lots of wonderful looking hair. Oh--Confusious's new morphable-its a terrific hair too. Diane

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 1:15 PM

It is impossible to judge your texture when you have the model's material colors all set to something other than white with black highlight. -Darth

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:50 PM

Uthena: LOL! Oh dang I had no idea! -Colt

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 3:11 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Well, if it's a P3 male then textures available are pretty much limited there were even fewer for the P3 Dork than the P4 one. However, I remember there being reworked texture maps for P3 people called Big-Faced. There was more space alloted for the face making it easier to apply a decent texture so you may want to look into that, or just search the whole textures category here and in the PFO FunStuff for some older templates. You may also want to have a look here for male hair and other stuff: http://www.aimilc.ne.jp/~rainbow/html/poser.htm and also check out Kozaburo's Tagosaku character for hair (Digital Babes)

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 5:36 PM

Okay... so all in all he still sucks? I can't believe that after all this time I've been trying to make something out of the poser dork, he still isn't worth squat? Texture aside Is the facial structure good? Is there anything wrong with that?

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 6:33 PM

Quixotic-Dragon: You put a female hair cut on him and you only gave me a head shot so it was hard for to tell. Get some new hair, and a new texture and it would become a great model. I like the face :) -Colt

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 7:47 PM

Face is awesome! Though it does need a texture

v3d ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 8:38 PM

I think everything you need to know has already been said. If you want to create a face texture from scratch you might consider photographing a friend from a front orthographic view with a neutral expression. That's what I used for a Poser character on my website. http://www.teleport.com/~v3d/vcritter.htm When I took the photo's I had her pull back her hair, this will give you a hairline to match with the hair object. I still need to tweak the hair maps on this figure. Another source for faces is Kai's SuperGoo. It has a pretty good library of facial parts to mix and match. Books and magazines dealing with makeup are also a good reference source for face images. -Vince

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 9:12 PM

Thank's for your help and support guys! I'll Keep trying till I get this right.

Thorne ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 12:53 AM

Pretty good job of un-dorking the P3 guy. It's hard to remove that "neanderthal" heritage he seems to have, but this is a pretty good job, morph-wise. =};-}>

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.