Sat, Sep 21, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: I need more help with SG 3.0.

schnaps ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2000 at 11:35 PM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 6:27 PM

Attached Link: http://members.fortunecity.com/schnaps/FLASH/index11.html

file_130329.gif

Okay, I know that some of you object to Flash, but now i've given you a choice (at least I think I have). Please evalute this page and let me know what you think. Standard modem users (56k and below) please advise me on the speed. Let me know what you think of the layout and the effectiveness. Does it grab your attention at all? Thanx for all of your help. Have a good one! Schnaps

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 3:31 AM

Auto-detection seems to work okay, as did the Flash/non-flash selections. The layout is very cool (I really like the pull-down menus). Excellent layout, the colours aren't jarring or clashing, very nice. I can't comment on the access speeds as I'm not using either a 56k modem or a cable modem here at work Paul

Philodox ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 8:14 AM

I like the intro, but you might want to consider either making the music repeating, or having it fade out (both are fairly simple to do...). I'm on a 56K and the intro only took a few seconds to load, as did the rest of the site... As for the site itself, you java applets wouldn't load (I really hope you don't mind, but I checked the source to find out why... you've still got the codebase pointing to your harddrive... don't feel bad, I've made the same mistake a few times.) Except for that one problem with the Java, it looks good. You got a nice and simple navigation (so few graphic designers manage to get that right...)

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:45 PM

Damn, forgot about the codebase...GRRR! Hey, how do I fix it, I've done it before but did it with the hit and miss technique and I wouldn't mind just fixing it the first time around. A little help would be appreciated. A few seconds on 56 k huh? Wow, cool. Have a good one! Schnaps

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:59 PM

Umm, NM...I fixed it. The applets should look right for just about everyone now...simple, I just removed the CODEBASE tag all together and it works for me on both Explorer and Netscape. Any other suggestions? Schnaps

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.