Mon, Oct 21, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! Poser to Print ??????????

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 11:57 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:39 PM

Ok, so I have a finished pic. A relative asked if it was possible to have/buy a print. I say sure!! I wanted to print & frame it fo their B-Day. Didn't know what I was getting into. My pic is sized at W-670 and H-600 in the Poser ProPak doc window. I've found that most printers around here prefer a 300 dpi image. If I render to a new window and bump up the resolution to 300 I get an image 1000 X 896 pixels or 3.333 X 2.987 inches which is way to small. HELP!! This has taken me days and I still don't know how to solve the problem. How can I bump up the resolution, and have a larger, printable image in the end. Suggestions or tutorials would be most helpful. P.S. I don't have PhotoShop :- ) Thanks in advance!!!

Shain ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 12:00 PM

One when you save the picture is it at the highest resalution i.e. Max quility 100 in the compression tab under what sort of image your saving it as (such as jpeg, gif, etc.)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 12:21 PM

Re-render at 3000X2400 (10 inches by 8 inches), tiff.

guslaw ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 12:22 PM

Resave your picture to a new window - render to new window. Decide how wide you want the final print to be and multiply the width by 300. Lets say you want the final print to be 9 inches wide. 9 x 300 = 2700. That should be the width in pixels of the new render. Make sure you check 'keep aspect ratio' or something like that - I'm not home and don't have access to Poser. The height of the new render should automatically resize to the correct size (Appx 2418 pixels)

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 11:34 PM

When you change your render options, you can always resize for render according to inches also and not just pixels, if doing it that way makes it easier for you. :) Save at 300 dpi that way you can take it into a paint program and change the dpi if you decide you want the printed image larger then you rendered it. Also, save as a tif file. If you save it as a gif or jpg you will not get the best possible print. What type of paper and printer are you planning to use? Pendy

Strixowl ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 10:22 AM

Hi Pendy, Yea, well paper type and settling on a printer are next on the agenda. Any suggestions. I want the finished product to be a suitable for framing art print. I "think" I got the dpi thing going, thanks to the advice from all. Going to check with a few printers this morning. Thanks to All.

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 1:00 PM

The paper is going to depend on the printer :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.