Sat, Sep 21, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Before & After and a question-please help!

Wynter ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 8:55 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:33 AM

file_130378.jpg

Here is a before and after illustration of the dress fix. But I'm trying get my own page up so I don't have to pester others. So I have a couple of questions. How does one load up a zip onto a web page. I'm trying to get my own site started. Mac->PageMill (wysiwyg) Do I load it on the page? Upload it separate onto the server? Is there a tutorial or guidelines out there? I looked at the upload form, but I'm confused (actually, I guess I need to know info pre-upload page). As always, you guys are a great help and a wonderful resource!

CyberDog ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 9:01 PM

I am not familiar with Page Mill,so I dont know how you are uploading pages. I think the best and easiest way to upload a zip file is with ftp.The ftp program I use on mac is vicomsoft ftp.It is a shareware program that you can find at any download site. You will have to go to your servers help page to get the settings needed for your ftp client.

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 10:17 PM

She may be asking the same question I have--how does one make the zip downloadable from a web page? (I guess I could go look at someone's source though, couldn't I?). Diane B

amp-three ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 11:54 PM

Lets see if i can get 2 birds in one stone... Picnic- to make a ZIP file downloadable is fairly simple when you break it down. its just a link. check it out: [forgive me, but i cant make it so you just see the code and not the end result...nm, geek speak!] (greater than sign)a href="YOURZIPHERE.ZIP"(less than sign)click here to download(greater than)/a(less than) i know thats confusing, but just substitute a greater than symbol, which is a "<" and less than symbol is, you got it, ">" into the code. Wynter- If youre not asking the same question as Picnic, i dont know what the HELL you are talking about. Though feel free to email me or catch me on ICQ and ask me any HTML questions you may have. That goes for anyone and everyone. russell4@home.com 21148048 ..->[ aMP-3 ]<-..

Oliver S ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 3:54 AM

Yes, amp-three is right, just treat the .zip file as a page item in Pagemill and link to it. Upload as usual. Any chance of a .sit file for us macophiles? Oliver

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 4:33 AM

Amp-three is correct, the HTML code for a zip file is exactly the same as for any link: < a href="theURLofyour.Zip" > a description to click < / a > (although you'll have to take out all of the spaces). Paul

Wynter ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 7:32 AM

Thanks for the help all. It makes sense. I'll post soon. Oliver, I'm a macophile as well. Can put in one file a pc and mac version (I think). If not, it will be the PC version and you can use MacConverter.

amp-three ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 9:36 AM

Just transfer the Mac files to a PC (has to be that way since i dont think PCs can read Mac ZIPs) and ZIP them up with the PC files. should work just fine. again if anybody needs HTML help, lemme know; its my job. :) ..->[ aMP-3 ]<-..

Wynter ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 12:29 PM

Actually, I've sent off to Uthena what I zipped with Mac Zipit, and it worked fine. She has a PC.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.