Sun, Sep 22, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Newbie Question

ladyduece ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2003 at 10:44 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Hi All, Before I get any more lost I figured I'd go on and post in here. Do you need poser to run victoria/michael products or are they totally seperate. I didn't see anything for required software for them, just that the accessories were p4 compatable but I'd really hate to make a mistake since my software budget is a little tight thanks to ps7 =) Thanks for the help

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2003 at 10:48 AM

Victoria and Michael are third party figures which need Poser to be useful - they're in addition to the stock Poser figures. But be warned, they need their own clothes, you can't use the ones that come with Poser.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2003 at 10:50 AM

Vicki 2 and Mike 2 do come with P4 compatible versions who can wear the Poser clothing, sorry, I forgot about that... :(

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2003 at 11:07 AM

Actually, you can import those figures into other programs that can handle .obj format, but you'd have to take time and rig them so you could pose them in those programs, such as Lightwave or 3D Studio Max. They will not work in a program like Photoshop 7 because PS 7 can not handle .obj files. You'd need to render them in a 3D software program then take the render into PS and go from there. Cheers!

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2003 at 5:08 PM

LadyDeuce, You need at the very least Poser 4. What you get from DAZ are two yucky pink colored funny looking people. You will need to buy, find or make: clothing, hair, skintextures, morphs and so on so they look better grin. Thankfully those figures have been around for a while and there are many many great freebies out there that you can use and learn on until your wallet recovers. You might want to look into a software bundle, like Poser4/Vue, as Vue is a very good environment creator/renderer and Poser is best for figure manipulation

ladyduece ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2003 at 9:49 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the help. It looks for now that I'm trapped in the land of sigs and portraits in PS7 until I can afford poser /sigh. Again thanks for the help =)

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2003 at 9:53 PM

ladydeuce, actually if you want to at least get started there are a few magazines with Poser3 on the cover CD. It doesn't have all of Poser 4's functions, but at least you can start getting the hang of posing and dealing with the quirky interface. Then when you've saved up your pennies you can get Poser 4 and have a headstart on the learning curve

ladyduece ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:09 AM

Talk about a shock... my dear other half decided I needed a present and got me Poser! It gets here in a couple days so I'm totally Floored. Seems that he got to looking at the Amazing gallery work here and that helped it along. Can't wait to get started!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 3:45 AM

Wow. Perhaps Mrs. Bob will get me Poser 5 if I drop enough hints. :) Welcome to the nut house. We expect to see you back here soon, bemoaning your sudden lack of time / money / social life / sanity. I wonder if Lord Duece (that has to be his name, right? :) ) knows what he's got you into.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.