Sat, Sep 21, 6:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Daimond Viper V550 vs. GeForce cards?

lilmikee ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 12:41 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:21 PM

I am looking to get Lightwave3D 6 to go with my Bryce and Poser and was wondering about video cards. I am running Win98se with a p2 350 processor with dual scsi hard drives. I have 128mb of ram and have a Diamond Viper V550 video card. I was wondering if that will be good enough for lightwave3D. Or is there a major difference between that card and my Diamond Viper V550 card?

PJF ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 6:16 PM

You should check with Newtek whether the cards you mention offer any benefit when running Lightwave6. Most of the excitement surrounding consumer video cards is with respect to playing games, and has little or nothing to offer someone solely into serious 3D work. For a high end production app like Lightwave6, I suspect that any serious video boost will only come with a 'workstation' type professional graphics accelerator offering something like OpenGL support whilst running on a 'workstation' operating system like WindowsNT. Once again, Newtek will be able to give you the best advice on the type of cards that will work the best.

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 7:45 PM

Your not going to see a difference at all. -Colt

Quikp51 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2000 at 11:38 PM

The 550 is only a 16meg card anyways , that's too low a memory amount IMO to run LW effectively. Stick to 32megs and over if you can afford to.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.