Wed, Oct 23, 12:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: can you preserve trasparency in ps 7?

lhn6856 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2003 at 11:50 AM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 4:26 PM

I was wondering is they still have the preserve trasparancy option in ps 7? Also where can I find out about the basics of alpha channels. All I know now is that there important.. Thanks,

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2003 at 8:42 PM

I think you're looking for the "locked transparency" option... its part of the Layers Palette and is just an ICON rather than the "checkbox" in eariler versions of PS...

:)
retrocity

as for Alpha Channels, do a search on the subject in this forum, i think "hoof" just recently answered another member regarding this a little while ago. (and a very good explaination if i remember right...) you could also hit the F1 key while in Photoshop for the HELP files and go through that. I know manuals can be dull and boring to go through but they are the first line of attack when wanting to learn someting... if you have any problem trying to figure out what the manuals are saying, just ask, we'll try to decifer it ;)

oh, and welcome to the forum

:)
retrocity

lhn6856 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 7:42 AM

retrocity, Thanks for the help, I can't wait to start posting. Len

brainworks ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 10:57 AM

maybe you can go and take a look at www.photoshoproadmap.com They have lots of cool stufs there, and I think its by following the links,is when I learned somthing about alpha channels

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.