Fri, Sep 20, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: CGI Movie, 'Advance On Tokyo' Now underway.

satako ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 2:47 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:32 AM

Attached Link: aot

file_74690.jpg

Thanks for your interest, Neo Dimension Films has starte work on a new CGI project named 'Advance On Tokyo'. We are in the concept stages at the moment and we are looking for ideas. Anything would be useful to us at the moment as we are trying to generate as many ideas as possible. Even the smallest of ideas will be a great help. Any ideas that are used in any way will be credited to the person who submitted them.(end credit sequence). Very soon the website will be up and running which will contain all our concept art, more in depth storyline, character profiles etc. This project has alot of potential and we encourage people with 3d skills, story writing skills, character development skills to contact us. The story is based on Japanese Yakuza and Japanese Government Task Forces in the year 2050. Japan belongs to the Yakuza, and the Government who are essentially in exile want it back. They mount a large scale advance on Tokyo to try and force the Yakuza out of the capital. There will also be inter-twining personal storylines within the film aswell. Below is a short extract from the storyline. The world in which Advance On Tokyo is set "The world of A.O.T is much like ours today, with the exception that its population is only a mere 3.3 billion. There is no leading superpower and most nations have isolated themselves in fear of attack from scattered warring factions of humanity. The downward decline of our worlds society began June 21st 2010. Throughout human history people have always been afraid of what cannot be explained. Because the human psyche is incapable of comprehending such things we create mythical figures such as god to answer what we cannot. We do this to feel less alone at night. On June 21st 2010 humanity should not have assumed the result of 5 years work and research was a miracle. This was not an act of god, it was an act of sheer stupidity and one that would change the way everyone lives on this planet forever. Terrorism was thought to be a thing of the past. America and its allies had crushed all traces of its most feared and hated enemies by Christmas 2007. The world celebrated its new found freedom and began working together like never before. Cultures merged and humanity slowly began to set aside its inherent differences for the greater good. Technology advanced at an incomprehendable speed. The Internet grew and evolved into something that every human in 80% of the worlds nations would use day in day out. We became reliant on this super powered network of cables and hardware and life became easier and more convenient." Visit our forum for more information, http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=viewthread&t=93,1062598485,8887&id=526994&b=4159&v=flatold Contact paulwillocks@hotmail.com or r_bushe@hotmail.com for any more information and queries Thanks guys and good luck with your artwork.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 3:04 PM

20010 huh? I thought it was going to be june 6 2006, translated in numbers that would read 06-06-06 were in 2003 going into 2004, 2006 is getting close, think it will be a day to remember?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 3:08 PM

Oh and by the way 06-06-06- can never happen again, until the year 3006.

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:25 PM

file_74691.jpg

Here's mine. . Don't ya ever say "Anything would be useful to us at the moment" in this here place. ;-) -ScottA

AlfonsoVanWorden ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:15 PM

Very, very funny, ScottA. I want to see YOUR movie!

cubed ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:52 AM

So, whats the premise? 10 words or less. Okay then. ho hum You need people to come up with ideas for characters, plot-lines, story and 3d... Jeez, what are you doing? Producing? ROFL! Sounds to me like your more interested in being a part of a project than actually doing one. Good Luck!

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:34 AM

A yellow minnie bus with a japanease girl as the star, Let bring a Ultraman or robot chracter into the plot. Like um, Hey like you got this guy who is working on a scientific top secret project useing Alien injection DNA, And um He has to test it on him self when tokyo gets Godzilla trashed, The super cyber suit and the dna infusion make him into like a super altraman. But tHE girl like um has some kind of esp and can comminicate with Godzilla so she teams up later with the aultraman guy and lets him know the other monster is really the bad one not Godzilla.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:39 AM

I liked the special effects of the last movie and what they did to Godzilla new look. But I hated to see Godszill villinised in the move as the bad monster when they could have made a second monster for Godzilla to protect staten Island from. I also heard many Japanease people who saw the new movie were shocked to see that hollywoods had not only villinised Godzilla but killed him after only one movie.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:44 AM

Here's one for you, Insect instinct and intellegence is transferred by Rna and Dna, They emerge smart knowing everything they need to know. What if you have a scientist who is working on combining insect dna with human dna, The serum gets injected into the subject during a crisis like Godzilla and some other monster fighting. The guy turns into a giant with super human reflexes but he has a flaw He has to regenerate for like 12 hours and can only stay big for only a few minutes.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:49 AM

Or maybe the scientist builds a robot that can become giant and the guy subjects mind gets transferred into the giant robot for a few minutes at a time. But the more he does it the harder it is to pull back into his body, at some point he sacrifices himself to save others and becomes an altra man like chracter?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:52 AM

You couldmake it that the robot can change size and shape so he even though he's trapped being a machine witha human mind, He can alter his form to appear human. The loss of his humanity is something the character can struggle with and an interesting point to explore.....

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:01 AM

I watched alot of Gozzilla and Ultraman tv shows, I would love to see Ultra man go to hollywood. An artifact is found by the space shuttle floating in space, When they open it they find a strange looking Vile, accidently the vile turns one man into Ultraman, the vile can only work on him now unless he dies, it somehow becomes tuned only to him. Aliens want this weapon, it's highly prized, they send monsterbots to earth to kill him and retrieve the ultraman vile. Ultraman protects earth and takes out the bad monsterbots.

cubed ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:08 AM

o 06 06 06 is capital! wonder if any movies are gona come out with that little detail...

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:48 AM

"The number of the beast" is only relevant to Christians (it is from the Book of Revelations). So why should an anime movie have anything to do with it? All the hokey stuff with Adam, Eve, and Lilith undermined Neo Evangelion, especially with the remade ending :gag: and it at least was reasonably relevant if you accepted the premise that the Kabbala was the guiding force behind all of the invasions. If man has destoyed himself with his own twitchy fingers, why look to supernatural evils? Carolly

gammaRascal ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 6:30 PM

oh i wasnt suggesting this anime project tackle 060606... as i understand it, it starts in odd7... thought it all craps out again in odd10... im just curious if any movies might capitaliz on this concept...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.