Sat, Sep 21, 4:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 5 animation

gusdrum ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:31 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:30 PM

Can be import an animation of Poser 5 to Carrara?

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 9:00 PM

Yes, in .obj format; Should work.

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 10:04 PM

Presently, you can import static Poser 5 figures into Carrara ( without dynamic hair though). However I do not believe you can import Poser animations into Carrara. There is a plugin under development for Poser to Carrara, I'm not sure if this will permit animations to import. There is also a plugin under way to import BVH info into Carrara. So, the answer is not now, maybe one day. Patrick

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 6:33 PM

Patrick, Yes; I was thinking that there was a way to limit duration of an imported obj to one frame, but apparremtly I was thinking of something else. If you COULD import each object frame seperately from poser and limit the duration to the one frame you want it to be in, that could work. Again, this is something I couldn't find out how to do. Three problems with what I said: The first and most important problem is whether or not you can limit duration of the object or not. I didn't see anything in the manual about it under animation. The second problem would be filesize; it would make for some very large files. The third problem would be the time involved importing each obj into Carrara. ... Oh well chock it up to yoo many assumptions and not enough coffee. Sorry about that, - TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.