Mon, Oct 21, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Should I Trash ALL My Posette Stuff On My Harddrive?

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:38 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 10:33 PM

I have lots of Posette stuff (textures, clothing) and wondering if now is the time to say bye and move on. When I ungraded to Windows XP, I got rid of all the pixel icons and bad wallpaper and now only download the best. Cleaning out my computer really got me organized. Even if I do want to do some animations I can use Low Resolution Victoria for that purpose, as well as other models. So what do you think, have you gotten rid of Posette, do you think I should?

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:40 AM

Oops that should be "upgraded"

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 1:51 AM

I still have her and all her accessories. If I start to run out of space (I still have 40gb free) then I'll probably burn to CD. Just going on previous experience, I've regretted in the past when I've deleted something without saving an external copy :-(

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:32 AM

I like you tend to use the more up to date stuff available now but I still keep possette and all her various items to use in background populating projects. For example if I have a crowd scene I will put V3 characters in the forground, V2 behind them then posette type characters in the background. thus enabling me to populate the scene without dragging my resources down to much. So I'd say, space allowing, keep them :o) MaRv

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:34 AM

The universal answer is, "it depends" - Do you need the space? - Does Posette stuff make using Poser less enjoyable? - Will you ever use her? - Do you mind reinstalling Poser and all of the accessories if you decide you want to use her at a later time? .... Only you can answer those questions.

Spit ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:57 AM

I still keep posette clothes for use on V2P4.

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:31 AM

I keep them because, if I need these clothes to put on Vicky, I can convert them most of the time.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 5:53 AM

There's a possibility that Posette will be next for the Universal Texture Converter, so you may wish to hang on to the textures at least.

Farside ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 6:25 AM

You could always burn them in all their proper directories so it would be easy to reload them if needed. I did that over a year ago, then found myself very relieved I had done so last week when I needed some specific Posette items ASAP.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 9:16 AM

yup..burn and retain..never know when they're going to be useful..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:47 PM

I NEVER throw ANYTHING away. Or even move it off the hard drive. :] Fish

thip ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:38 PM

Real men don't use backups - but they sometimes cry ;o)

Spit ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 2:43 PM

LOL!

queri ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 6:02 PM

Don't throw away-- much of that stuff is becoming harder and harder to find, some of it impossible. Move her out of your Runtime if you want, burn cds of her clothes, remember jewlerly, hats, accesories are laughably easy to convert to Vicki or Mike even. I recently went nuts when the poserfashion.net clothes dissappeared, and spent two days searching for them on my drives-- found most. Same thing happened with Iso's kimono. You just never know. For instance, I'm now wondering if posette empire fashions wouldnt convert well to LaRoo. Emily

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 6:51 PM

Emily, I fit Wynter's lovely Uthena dress for Posette to La Roo with minimal problems. You probably could do the same with the Empire fashions, and thanks for the idea! Kimberly

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 4:47 AM

Well if you add real eyes to posette and use the one that excepts victoria textures you might be suprised at how much better she can look.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 6:23 AM

Put it this way... sites vanish for various reasons. If you trash that stuff, you will most likely NEVER get it again. Make 2 copies of the CDs and keep them in different places if you really need the hard drive space. CDs go bad, especially the rewritable ones. I keep a lean Runtime (about 2-3 gigs) with mostly stuff for current projects on hand. (Being on a Mac makes it easy to move things in and out as needed.) Why don't you just make some directories outside your Runtime for figures that you don't need? Move the stick figures, woodies, whomever, into these extra critter directories. That way you won't lose a Serge Marck dress with bustle or lovely Japanese morph (Rubio's stuff, for example)... at least the loss it won't be purposeful. Carolly

Zarabanda ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 11:57 AM

personally, I think Vicki looks like a horse. Posette is much sleeker, sexier. Yes, Vicki's face morphs better and her joints bend more smoothly. But shes so beefy. To me, Steph/Vic P4 is the perfect character.

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 2:40 AM

Thanks for all the help everyone!! You all had great advice that I can use. Since I can use the items for V2P4 as Spit pointed out (and I forgot about, hehehe), it's worth it to keep all the items. I will just need to organize all the Posette files a little better. I like the idea of keeping the runtime lean, as Carolly suggessted. I try to stay organized as much as possible, so less time is used for finding stuff and more time creating. But I still spend time looking more then I would like too :) Anyway, thanks everyone for helping me to decide NOT to trash posette!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 11:15 AM

Good! :) Every once in a while Rena makes a unique Fairywoods character available again, or a media character you love is a morphed P4female, or you need a bunch of people in ethnic clothing in a background... there is just so much stuff available for Posette: Egyptian, Greek, Japanese, Native Islander, Arabian, etc. that it would be a shame to not be able to use it. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.