Tue, Oct 22, 12:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Opinions: packaging V3 Anime Dolls

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 6:33 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:40 PM

Well I've been busily making new body morphs for V3, to make her into an anime doll. Not much in the way of head morphs, just a few meant to be used in combination with the existing headmorphs Some questions before I go any further: Would you rather buy A)individual characters (morphs) for $5 each? or B) an Anime Doll kit with 20 new body morphs and bodyscaling MOR poses to make your own dolls for about $30? (plus about 4 preset characters) Would you prefer A) Injectable morphs or B) a loaded cr2? (into which you would have to load the standard morphs yourself) Would you rather buy A) a character, just the morphs in injection form, for $5? or B) a character, morphs and original painted texture, for $15-20? Thanks in advance for the help! Lyrra (and btw ... I'm looking for a betatester)

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:36 PM

Hmm...I'm about to release a free Anime doll set for V3, so perhaps we can talk a little first so that my product doesn't interfere with your sales. Mine is pretty simple though, so it might just offer two different ways of getting the same sort of product. :) And I wouldn't mind being a betatester if it's OK. ;) Thanks, take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 8:08 PM

The cr2 is out of the question. V3 cr2's are absolutely undistributable. It will have to be injections and MORs

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/answers/victoria/v3distribution.html

Momcat That is incorrect. A BLANK v3 cr2, with NO DAZ morphs installed is distributable. As it does not contain morph data, and you must have the v3 obj to use it, there are no violations to Daz's copyright. I've included a link to the relevent part of their FAQ. A cr2 that contains any DAZ morphs is NOT distributeable. My product, if a cr2, would contain ONLY my own morphs and nothing from DAZ's morph sets. Any face or pose files that used the DAZ morphs would not work until the user injected my cr2 with the DAZ morphs.

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 8:54 PM

Individual characters (no textures) loaded into the blank cr2. Morph Master is so simple to use most people wouldn't have a problem utilising them :)

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 12:52 AM

"Morph Master is so simple to use most people wouldn't have a problem utilising them :) " Thems with PCs, at any rate. ;-)

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 5:12 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_75051.jpg

sneak preview .. much work to be done. Just a sample of the morphs so far

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 5:14 AM

file_75052.jpg

and the other bodytype

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 7:33 AM

Sorry Lyrra, I had thought the same as you have, but I recently cvontacted DAZ to ask them the exact same question, concerning my own project. The response from Steve Kondris was that no, it was not permissable to distribute even the V3 Blank cr2, even if it only has your own custom morphs, and carries no DAZ morphs/channels/deltas/whathaveyou at all. My advice would be to contact DAZ yourself just to be sure. If you receive a different response, I would be very interested in knowing about it. It would certainly make some aspects of my own project much easier to be able transport via V3 Blank, rather than hand edited INJ files.

Caly ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 10:41 AM

I'd prefer injections. I'm on a Mac. ;) Actually, ideally, I'd prefer magnets, so the clothes could match. :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 2:48 PM

Interesting. I'll have to ask Steve about that. From the wording in the FAQ and my experiance, and previous products it seems that a blank cr2 would be acceptable. Bother. I really want to avoid the whole injection nonsense sigh thanks for the info Momcat

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 2:58 PM

I know. That's what I thought too, but I wanted to be sure so I asked. I did get Dark Whispers Injection Majic though, and that makes things a LOT easier. It's still quite a bit of work, but much easier than complete hand creation.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 3:32 PM

I just spoke with DAZ's brokering contact. From what he said, using a blank V3 cr2 to distribute your own morphs is ok. As long as NO DAZ morphs are included, and no DAZ mesh is included ..they're fine with it.

Momcat ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 6:36 PM

Hmmm...ok. So now the question is: Which method is easiest for the end user, and which one has the smallest file size?

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 12:37 AM

Smallest file size would be the injection files. they only contain delta information, as opposed to the whole lot of info in a cr2. I would see no problem with moving them with MM, but would think that for ease of use for everyone, inj's would be the way to go. That takes no user work in order to be able to use them. If you go the cr2 route, you are bound to get those persnickity few who complain because they can't use expressions 'cause they didn't read the directions and move them. lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.