Fri, Sep 20, 4:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Here is the list of artists that made it on the Renderosity DVD

Seven Wolves ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 10:41 AM

Spike, don't know if I'm too late to suggest this: I don't know which of my pics you've selected for the DVD, but if you would like larger copies of them, let me know and can email them to you post-haste :)

Spike ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:14 PM

I have replaced all the images that we could not use with new ones from the galleries, A few new artists and a few that already had images on it.... All set, now I just need to render the files out. I will start the render Monday AM. Thanks all We will let you know the status...

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Seven Wolves ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:33 PM

Awesome Spike. Can't wait!

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:36 PM

Spike, you're da man!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 10:11 PM

I don't believe that a real artist and good person would have denied permission for their peers to have such a small amount of enjoyment. It indicates distrust of each one of us, and I for one think that they just held out to be mean and spiteful. That is a very selfish person...one I have no respect for whatsoever. Thank you, Spike, for handling this so well. You are amazing! Vivian (tresamie)

Fractals will always amaze me!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 11:27 PM

I don't belive the member in question did it out of spite or to be mean. I believe they had some personal concerns. Yet whatever, upward and onwards! Can't wait for everyone to see this DVD! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 3:21 PM

Yup, we just have to move on, It did hit me hard because of all the time I put into this project, but I am redoing it now and should have something ready for replication soon. When we first started the project, we had no idea that all the artists would want it, When we found this out, it changed the project.. So we had to re-ask for permission. This artist did not want her work out there in the first place and as it was only going to be shown at the tradeshow, that was fine. Then when we changed the scope of things, it was up to each artist... We have to respect each artist and follow what they want. I should have waited on the project in the first place, I just got all pumped up and wanted to get it to you all ASAP.. Next time we will get it right.... I am having a major computer issue and have to start with a clean harddrive. This will slow the project down a day or so, but it will still get done.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 5:49 PM

Cool! and thanks!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 4:56 PM

You have worked so hard on this Spike that I'm sure everyone will gratefully allow you all the time you need. Cheers 8) Catlin

Jackie ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 4:57 PM

...take all the time you need Spike... BUT HURRY UP! :P

nikitacreed ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 12:36 AM

YOU GO SPIKE!! Thanks so much!

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 9:33 PM

How we doin?

Spike ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 11:15 AM

Looks like the middle on Sept...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 12:10 PM

Do you have any idea of the cost yet Spike?

Spike ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2003 at 12:16 PM

We are still trying to work a deal with them, We had to scrap the first run, so we are hoping that they will give us a deal on the second batch...

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 5:35 PM

can't wait :) geo

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 8:40 PM

I too am looking forward to the release of the DVD, and know that Spike has been deligent about responding to all of us here, in email and in messages...Spike, you deserve a round of applause! Bravo my friend.

Spike ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 1:36 AM

Thanks, I can't wait for you all to get it... I still sit back and watch it from time to time... All the great art is what makes it so cool...

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 1:48 AM

Well anything you want to use anything of mine in the future for project like this you are welcome to do so.

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 9:01 AM

spike- I have a few more in my gallery you can use to help fill in- thanks :)

genny ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 9:38 AM

You can also use anything new in my gallery too, Spike, and thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH for all the hard work you have put into this. (: genny

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 10:01 AM

Spike could you tell us how far along the road to release you are? My mom keeps asking me and the last time I spoke to her she accused me of winding her up over this, would you believe it! 8) Catlin

Spike ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 3:55 PM

The new master is done and ready to go. Now I have to fit it into the budget to have it replicated... So far it's looking like mid Sept... (I hope)

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 4:23 PM

What sort of copy run quantity are you looking to do, and/or is this just going to be a shipping charge for those of us that had artwork included on the DVD, and perhaps a minimal charge for those that want to purchase it?

Spike ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 5:17 PM

We are not going to sell these in the market to anyone but the artists that are on the DVD.. We don't have permission to sell it to all artists, just the ones on the DVD.. I wish we did, because it would help keep the costs lower.

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 10:30 AM

Thank you so much spike for giving us this opertunity and can't wait to get mine :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

geoegress ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 10:45 AM

"We don't have permission to sell it to all artists, just the ones on the DVD.." well you got mine :) geo

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 11:55 AM

Too bad majority rules doesn't apply. I imagine that 98% of us approve of selling it to all. I certainly approve.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 07 September 2003 at 2:19 PM

Maybe if we do this again it can have the option of allowing sales to one and all. 8)

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 9:58 AM

Yes, the next DVD will be done with the full intent to do just that. It will be "The best of Renderosity 2003"...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2003 at 6:50 PM

Yipee! Can I get some work on that one too please.............pretty please 8) Catlin

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 1:13 AM

I'd love to have some work on that "The best of Renderosity 2003" DVD too :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Spike ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 9:39 AM

Update, I have just been given the "Ok" to send out the master for replication. So, it should be done in 8-10 (working)days... Soon my friends, Soon......

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 9:45 AM

Yea!!

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 1:33 PM

Yipee!! :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 09 September 2003 at 3:17 PM

And there was much rejoicing all over the world................8)

Jackie ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 7:19 PM

((((HUGS))))) Spike :)

nikitacreed ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:49 PM

YAY!!!

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 7:21 AM

Great can't wait!!!

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 9:16 PM

How are we doing? Tres

Spike ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 11:08 AM

They are scheduled to ship on Thursday 9/25 to the office, so we should see them on Friday or Monday. As soon as they get in the office, we will let you all know.

judith ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 11:14 AM

Cool! Thanks for the update Spike!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 11:16 AM

Awesome!! Thanks Spike!

genny ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 11:27 AM

Great News, Spike...thanks again for all the work you put into this project....you are the greatest! genny

Wadus ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 3:46 PM

thats awesome!!! cant wait to get mine! Whats the cost gonna be? Any Idea?

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 3:51 PM

cool!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Spike ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 4:50 PM

I think the cost will be around $5, but not 100% sure. Waiting for Jen to look at the costs.

Seven Wolves ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2003 at 6:33 PM

Thanks for the updates Spike :)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2003 at 12:24 AM

This is good news, I can't wait...............8)

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2003 at 1:06 PM

Thanks, Spike! Tres

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.