Mon, Oct 21, 11:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Mike 2.0 is still Boss when it comes to massiveness.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:20 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:29 PM

file_75657.jpg

I think mike 3 is great and all but more on the petite cute side. I think Mike 2.0 is more for the strong man type. I was unable to get Mike 3.0 this massive without his geometry splitting and doing strange things. this image is of mike 2.0

_Audrey ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:56 AM

file_75658.jpg

dodger says humans are never very macho so dont exspect much from a human and to post this. this is not mike 1, 2 or 3 nor is it dork or anyone else you know nor is it a mesh you have seen.

_Audrey ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:56 AM

oh the hair is not done yet by the way so thats postworked on right now.

_Audrey ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:57 AM

file_75659.jpg

see

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 9:11 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_75660.jpg

Trying to figure out which seams you're splitting? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 9:13 AM

That's a quick injection and pose with some of the muscle morphs injected. I wouldn't put all of them in, but I don't see any "splitting" anywhere. What are you talking about Mesh? Marque

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 9:23 AM

Mesh that is exactly what a muscular guy looks like, mike3 is just a vicky with a few add ons , not a man at all, poor pecs, overly done traps, i'm very disappointed. turn all the dials you want the face is basically always the same.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 9:43 AM

I see advantages and disadvantages to both models. We don't all have the same tastes. As for myself, I found it difficult to get Michael 2 to look young, sensitive, and slim, a look that I prefer in men. Michael 2 was too "buff". I am not a fan of muscular men, so I am elated with Michael 3. And I'm sure there are many others who will agree. 8-)

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 10:32 AM

file_75661.jpg

I think he's great, and easy to work with. I remember when V2 came out and so many people complained. If you don't like the model don't buy it, it's as simple as that. It takes a bit for people to get used to the new look of these models, remember Mike and Steph? Give a few days to a week and let people work their magic here, you will be impressed I'm sure. Quick render using only a few of the face dials, lots better than the V3 male in my opinion. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 10:33 AM

Yes thereis a cut at his nose but no map for it yet, sorry. Marque

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:43 AM

"Massiveness" is not the be-all and end-all of the human form. It will be nice for people to be able to create a broader range of character types by using M2 and M3. DAZ made it clear some time ago that the M3 base would have a slimmer, runner-like physique. To complain about this as if DAZ should have made M3 look like some bodybuilding champion is absurd IMHO. We got exactly what we were led to expect, nothing less. If anything, the mesh is superior to what I was expecting. I think it's silly to complain about a complex character mesh like this the day after it was released. We haven't had ample time to explore the possibilities. But then, immediate complaints from certain quaters were accurately predicted among certain amused observers. :-) I tried doing some animations (using .bvh files) with M3 last night and was just blown away by the fluidity, accuracy, and general high quality of the figure's movements. Amazing, more successful than any other model I've ever used with .bvh files. I have some files that have never worked correctly with any model without major adjustments. Almost none at all needed with M3. The infamous super-hunched shoulders thing never happened. Very little collision trouble. And again, once the animations were fully rendered, the results impressed the heck out of me. Thank you DAZ for all the hard work you put into this remarkable model. It is really something. We're fortunate to be able to aquire something of this very high level quality at relatively low cost.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:59 AM

Yes, thanks Daz for not only creating the high quality models but also keeping the prices reasonable. Marque

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 12:23 PM

xo, if you have the resources to post a small sample of your animation somewhere, that would be WAY cool! I'd love to see it 8-)

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 12:53 PM

file_75662.jpg

ok how's this look? now after i inject morphs let's say nose, get the nose the way i want it can i remove those dials and then put in the eye morphs. Saving all the scrolling through all the dials

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 12:54 PM

I think he's pretty hunky. 8-)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 12:56 PM

I think one reason why they like unrealistic shapes (Macho-man Mike, Nude Vickie in Temple with Sword) is that these shapes are rare in real life, and represent the opposite of the respective normal body types. So it's a form of escape from the real world to manipulate those atypical forms in Poser. It may also be one reason why 3D snobs and "artistes" hate Poser: they see M-M-M and NVITWS renders and say "How juvenile and unrealistic!". I like what Poser can do, and I think it would raise Poser's esteem in the eyes of 3D snobs and "artistes" if people would consider doing renders of normal body types.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 1:00 PM

sorry guys , i don't have vicky3 so all this is new to me, can i save a face file same as always

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 1:03 PM

Hmmmm ... yes, I believe you can save the face file same as always. However, if you want to use it later on, on another Mike character, you will also have to first inject the same morphs again. Alternatively, you can create a pose file that does the morph and the injections at the same time. There is a utility that will help you do that, or you can do it manually (something that I am not familiar with doing). If I'm wrong here, somebody jump in! LOL

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 1:42 PM

I don't understand why anyone would expect that M3 would just duplicate what M2 could do quite well. The M3 that I bought (and really like) can do a LOT of things that M2 cannot do no matter how you twist his dials (or even with magnets and external morphs) so now I have ANOTHER great male figure to work with. So I'm really greatful that DAZ did NOT make a M2 clone with a few added goodies, but gave me a WHOLE NEW FIGURE to work with. Anybody who thinks that all muscle guys should look alike has either never been to a real gym or has no conception of how human physiology works. I guess some people are just so starved for attention that they have to make rediculous comparisons in order to show us (for the umpteenth time) what a guy looks like with seaweed on his chest. No wonder he looks so pained (or is that just constipation?).

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:08 PM

I'm elated that Mike3 is less bulky than Mike2. Sometimes you need a pretty boy and not some big ole gym jock.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:18 PM

Tryig to figure out why mike looks like crap morphed up like that...

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:20 PM

Dirk that looks good but the delts and shoulders are just not working, And he is no where near as massive as mike 2.0

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:22 PM

Lyrra I think your right on this issue too, Iv seen some interesting characters made with Mike 3.

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:47 PM

Sign me up for the 'women that prefer non-bulky men' club. I find great big giant bulging muscles seriously distasteful. I love variety and that's what M3 offers. He can be slim, he can have muscle, it's all good. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:53 PM

Add me to the growing club of " women that prefer non-bulky me" club. I think M2 is soooooooooooo cool but then again I will never give up M2 either :)

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:56 PM

Oh I know mesh, he doesn't compare at all, mike2 and boris still are the top of the line, this guy is good for pretty boys that's about it...starting to like him though, like somebody above said more variety. Mike 3 can be the calvin klein model type and mike2 can be the muscle head, that's cool

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 2:58 PM

Sorry, I meant I think M3 is so cool. I do love M2 but M3 gives me the slim line with a little muscle.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

brynna ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 3:03 PM

Can't count how many times I've done renders of M2 and had to make him "less massive" in order to make him look like an everyday man! Then again, I'm not into the huge massive types, but prefer the male body to look more like the "guy next door"... maybe one who works the bench press to keep in shape... biceps that flex while he's trimming the hedge or playing catch with the kids. I haven't had the chance to try out M3 yet but am looking forward to finding out if I can achieve that sort of look! Brynna, wishing she was off work today

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 3:06 PM

just a thought mike3 would be great for goth characters, not real into that but i do like to look at the pics

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 3:11 PM

Brynna when you do that post a pic and let us know, i have to play with the dials more, lean muscle like you said and not bulk, called a swimmers build, if you accomplish that before i do fill me in on how you did it

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 3:20 PM

Mike 3 can be the calvin klein model type And THAT is why I think he is way cool. The fashion options for this guy will be phenomenal. 8-)

brynna ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 3:45 PM

Dirk, will do. Have some of my own M2 morphs; going to work on recreating in M3 and see what I can come up with. Definitely masculine and eye candy for the ladies (or men that are so inclined). :) Brynna, anxious for her shift to end at 10:00 pm cst

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 3:49 PM

looking forward to that, your shift will be over before you know it :)

Jaimie ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 4:39 PM

I like lithe, muscular men. Not hulks, mind you. But not skinny boys, either. I have tried and tried to get M3's body to recreate the look I like, and cannot for the life of me do it. The abs in particular look shoddy to me. And when I try to make him slim through the torso and hips AND use the muscularity as I like, it just doesn't look right. Some people may like M3 better, but for my purposes, his body pretty much useless.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 2:30 AM

Mike 3 needs work, I think He can be made to please us all in time. But at the moment he's going to be good for petite none masculin men and boys. I think he makes great oriental male figures.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 3:32 AM

Maybe if we have Mike 2 smack him around a little bit he can get buff like mike. That means using the mike3 to mike 2 figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.