Tue, Oct 22, 12:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Eureka! All is not lost! (Michael 3)

tempest0308 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 4:41 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 3:25 PM

file_75649.jpg

Good morning (in N. America, at least). I usually don't post here -- you might know me from the poser newsgroup (where I ususally hang out).

Can't believe I'm the first one to try this with Mike 3. Got him late last night and just found a few minutes to play with him. He's got a learning curve, much like Vicki 3, I suppose. (Don't have her, so couldn't really say.) All those morph injections . . .

Anyway, was really worried that all my M2 stuff was now useless for Mike 3. But it just ain't so! This is an unretouched render of a quick test on my part. Mike 3 with the default pose, the default, unmorphed face and the DAZ flat top and Millennium Beard. (The texture is the Hi-Res Universal Texture Map from DAZ.)

Both props were slightly resized and positioned to match the M3 face. I realize that the placement is not perfect, this is just a quick test render. With a little more tweaking, I'm sure that I can get this to work a lot better . . . however, need sleep. (And, no -- not that kind of tweaking, either!)

Anyway, it looks like some of the M2 props and conforming characters might be used with M3 after all.

In case anyone is interested, there is a M2/M3 figure that comes with M3. Puts the Mike 3 head on Mike 2's body, so your clothes can still be used. Haven't tried that out yet.

Look forward to seeing lots more of M3 tomorrow. Enjoy!

--

Shawn

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 4:55 AM

Great! The beard works too?! That's good news. I bought the beard on the Mike 2 sale recently becourse I have wanted it since it came out, but I didn't expect that I could also use it on M3 :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

tempest0308 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 5:19 AM

Well, it looks like it will take a bit of playing with to get "right," but the beard will work. Looking at the DAZ page for the head morphs, it seems they have found a way to get the flat top to work better than in the image above. (You can't see it, but the over-the-ear section is not very good.) Of course, the way the camera is set up, it could just be clever placement. I really want to know what hair prop that is on the asian looking character on that page -- and where can I buy it! I'll keep working on this until I get it as close to perfect as I can; then I'll post my settings for everyone. No real reason to keep it secret, eh? Shawn

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 5:57 AM

Yes, I'm looking for that hair, too! In fact, I'm looking for any hair. They released a whole lot of products with M3, but not much hair.

tempest0308 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 6:01 AM

I have e-mailed their sales department about this. I'll let everyone know what I find out! My guess: they were running behind on the coding of the site and wanted to get the absolute essentials on the server. Most of that didn't get posted until nearly midnight (CST). I have a feeling it will be there tomorrow. I also asked about the process they used to get the flat top to fit M3's head. That really interests me, since -- if it isn't a new mesh -- I already have hair for M3! Shawn

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 6:12 AM

Thanks, Shawn. I won't e-mail them myself, then, since they are probably going to be swamped. :-) Probably some of the stuff they show in their renders is being held for future weeks. (Which is probably a good thing for my bank balance.) But I hope they release more hair this week. There seem to be only two M3 hairs available on their site, both designed for black characters. I'll buy it, but I want some hair that's suitable for white and Asian characters, too.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 7:24 AM

Yes I like the hair on the asian guy in the head morphs page. It's like nothing I have seen so far. I also wonder if its a future hairstyle yet to be released ?

tempest0308 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 7:33 AM

Mathman, Actually that hair reminds me of the Yann Hair. I don't think that it actually IS the Yann Hair, but maybe DAZ has done their own version of it. Shawn

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 7:48 AM

That hair looks like Neftis'. She has a preview thread on her M3 hair back when she used to do post those. I bet it will show up later today and have her name on it. And I agree, it looks fantastic.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 7:53 AM

Yes, the thought had passed my mind that it was the Yann hair, but it looks more real AND more subdued. I don't have Yann (yet), it looks a bit over the top to me (scuse the pun).

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:11 AM

It's not Yann but I am pretty sure it is from the same person who made Yann. As I recall, the previews looked very good.

neftis ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:30 AM

hello people:)first nice render tempest0308!!I find him sexy with this beard! LOL Yes it is a hair a hair I made for M3 and Daz will eventually release it.I think they have so much to do cause there is a lots of M3 content to be on sale. I have made 4 different styles for m3...and my latest 1 and soon to be ready.(no one has seen it yet,but I really am proud of my latest one) I hope you will like the m3 hair.

tempest0308 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 9:59 AM

Yay! Neftis is maing M3 hair! Good to hear from you, Neftis. I will be figuring out what I can sell to get 4 more hairstyles. Your work is soooo worth it! Can't wait to see them, Shawn

neftis ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 10:10 AM

Thanks Shawn!! Hugs from Sweden;) Nef

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:52 AM

Great Image! And Neftis, looking forward to seeing all your new hair products ;o)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

tempest0308 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:36 AM

This is soooo great -- Poser is such an international community: I had no idea that Neftis was from Sweden! I know someone in Sweden! Easily amused ---> Shawn P. S.: Bought the Julian hair. The rest will have to wait until my bank account recovers!

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 2:33 AM

My Gawd! Vicky does male DRAG so well!

tempest0308 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 5:22 AM

Hey, if Vicky can become Victor (with male morphs) why stop there? tee-hee-hee Shawn "More shoulder, you're a drag queen!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.