Tue, Oct 22, 12:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Problem with M3 High Rez texture

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:22 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 4:08 PM

file_75787.jpg

When I apply the DAZ M3 High Rez texture to M3, I get the most horrible look! I tried with the DAZ global lighting, thinking maybe it was just the default Poser 4 light set. First render is M3 without texture. Looks blah but ok.

Sgiathalaich

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:23 AM

file_75788.jpg

this is what I get. YUK! I tried making M3 all white, then reapplying texture. Same thing. No wet highlighting or anything like that. I have the standard 4.03 Poser, W2K Pro, 1G Athlon, 512M DDRAM. No problems applying other textures to charactgers. I'm mystified. Any suggestions? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Sgiathalaich

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:46 AM

Can you show a render so I can see what you're talking about? Hard to tell with that pic it's too small. Thanks, Marque

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:49 AM

Try turning off shadows in render options
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RnRWoman ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:53 AM

Turn off shadows or bump maps and see if that helps. :)

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:53 AM

This looks very strange. Besides the problem with the bump maps, I haven't seen any problems with the texture maps yet. Just applied the hires map and it looked fine to me. Have to investigate that further at home. Djeser, just have a look which maps are applied to which material part. Looks like a wrong assignment to me (error in MAT file?).

Laurie S ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:59 AM

Are you using the right map? What I mean is did you use the P4 maps if you are in P4 .. or the PP maps if you are using PP?

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 2:10 AM

Hi there...I used the P4 maps since I'm using P4. I'm at work now (shhhhh!) so don't have access to my machine, but will check all suggestions above and post results when I get home this afternoon. I think I'll also re-download the texture package, just in case there was something weird that happened during the download. I'm totally confused; M3 and textures out of the box, didn't change anything. And he looks so weird!!

Sgiathalaich

Laurie S ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 2:21 AM

Just asked because I have accidentally hit the wrong mat file before and applied PP maps in P4 .. the result was similar to your image above (the first time I did it, for the life of me I could not figure out what the heck had happened ;-)).

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 3:40 AM

That must be the gay bashed version, Gosh when will mike 2.o stop picking on that poor gay boy.

Simderella ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 4:00 AM

MM i think we all know u dont like M3 sighs But i really dont see how that comment what helpful???? How can u generalise about him looking 'gay' ... If i were to generalise in that way i would have to say that a big overly beefy hairy guy with a big goatie might just fit right in at a gay leather bar! :P Come on now, its really starting to get beyond a joke, i dont know you, and i really dont like being harsh. So, you dont like M3, use M2 then.. ;) Tra la la -SimderZ- appologies to everyone else

My Gallery

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 4:14 AM

I see you have been to the dark places in the city lol

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 4:15 AM

I was just being funny dear....

Simderella ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 4:16 AM

ok.... ha ha ha

My Gallery

jonfe ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 4:44 AM

Just a wild guess here, since you are using P4. The HiRes texture pack includes the bump maps in .jpg format. Did you convert them first to .bum before you applied the MAT pose ? If not, open a new scene, load M3, go to materials and load manually every file that ends with BHI.jpg (i.e. M3_BodyBHI.jpg, M3_EyesBHI.jpg etc.) as a bump map. This way P4 will convert them. This needs to be done just once. After that you will be able to use the MAT poses as is. Jon

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 5:52 AM

Ah ha...you may have it, jonfe. I routinely run Correct Reference on everything before I put it in my runtime, and I know it usually will change .bum references to .jpg. Even when I don't want it to! I re-downloaded the textures, will reinstall tonight and do the bums first. (Usually load a sphere prop and do bumps on that so I don't get the 5 thousand "find this file" windows) Will let you know what happens. Thanks all for looking at the thread and suggesting ideas for me to try. Mesh Magick, I don't know what your issues are, but I don't really appreciate that kind of remark when I'm here in Poser forum asking for help with a Poser problem.

Sgiathalaich

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 9:10 AM

Mesh Magic you tend to rant if anyone so much as mentions that your behavior is less than ideal. Well guess what? In this thread you've been rather offensive. And you in other threads as well. What do you think the implications are of you running around spouting how M2 is so big & buff and can beat the crap out of that gay M3???!!!

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 9:14 AM

Djeser, if you are working on a PC remember that Poser4 converts jpgs in a wrong way. _dodger has a method to create *.bum files via Photoshop or similar programs. Just have a look at http://www.dodger.org or IM him. That's how I found out that the bump maps are not correct IMHO.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 10:50 AM

Mesh Magick, please take a moment to consider how truly un-funny gay bashing, or for that matter, any sort of bigoted or domestic violence is. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration. Djeser, I'm unfamiliar with Correct Reference. Is that a Python script, a commercia app, a freebie? It sounds very helpful. I did a mass deletion of .bum files when I got ProPack, a really dumb thing to do, LOL. Now when I load certain characters that I haven't used in a long time, the ensuing search for the .jpg bump maps takes forever. Correct Reference sounds like the solution. Any pointers appreciated!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 12:49 PM

It's a free companion application to PBoost. Should be in Freestuff utilities.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 12:50 PM

Aha...thank you!

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:23 PM

Yep, you were right, Jonfe and Tintifax. It was the bum files. Correct Reference (I think) looks in texture folder, sees jpg instead of bum, and converts the reference to jpg. So no wonder I got that funky look! I reinstalled and converted the jpgs to bum on a prop, and now he looks like a normal human rather than something the cat dragged in! Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it. And Simderella, Caly, and xoconostle, thanks for your remarks against immature, bigoted comments. I don't find them funny, and can't think of a less appropriate place for them.

Sgiathalaich

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_75789.jpg

Oops!!

Sgiathalaich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.