Sun, Sep 22, 4:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Final Textures and Modeling for my Robot, comments please.

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 3:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:33 AM

file_130576.jpg

Bryce 4 primative modeling, 84455 polygons. Textures created in PS 5.5. I'm looking for comments please. I'll stick this model into a picture soon.

Eshal ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 6:50 AM

All I can say is WOW...very nice indeed! Here I was beeing proud of the house I built lol The textures look really cool and mech like. I looks like it came straight from the production line :)Can't wait to see a pic with it. Reagrds Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

februus ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 7:13 AM

Very, very cool! You did a great job with everything!

RG ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 9:04 AM

What a change for the better comparing this view with your earlier view - really shows what texture maps can do for a model!!

rlech ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 1:38 PM

Very nicely done. I'm curious however as the model looks quite similar to a model done in a tutorial for Bryce in the first issue of the new magazine 3D World, although your model is better done. Just curious ;) -Robert Lech

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 2:16 PM

Fabulous work , Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 3:43 PM

Very, very, nice. Spanfarkle<;)>

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 5:08 PM

Rlech - It is the inspiration for the model, I was having Graphic Artists block and that col little model was great inspiration. But I do say I went quite a few steps further and I have always believed that other models are some of the best inspiration. And its always fun to modify them or make them so different but still have some of the same lines as the old model.

Toad ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 6:31 PM

It looks wesome! Two things though tht i think could make it look the best - 1 - if you had some kind of exhaust with a thin trail of smoke, or a little gas pouring from that fluroescent green laser thingie at the front 2 - the texture on the top looks a little lopsided to the red ball in his head IT LOOKS GREAT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!

rlech ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 7:46 PM

Please understand, I meant no slight against your ability as an artist, was just wondering if it was a coincidence or not. Your model is much improved over the tutorial. Congratulations on a fine piece of work :) -Robert Lech

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 8:14 PM

Is that tutorial only available in the issue of the new magazine 3D World? or is it posted somewhere? I'd like to try that.. Hawkfyr

rlech ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 9:37 PM

I checked the magazines website (www.3dworldmag.com) and couldnt find the tutorial there unfortunately. The guy who wrote the tutorial is Simon Danaher, you can email him at simond@naher.demon.co.uk and see if he has a pdf or something he would send ya. If not and you'd really like to try it, I wouldnt mind scanning in the tutorial for you. -Robert Lech

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2000 at 10:44 PM

only if it's legal, I'll e mail him and ask. If it comes with the magazine I'd pay the price anyway. is it a back issue? is it still available? Thanks for the info Robert. Hawkfyr

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 1:26 AM

its issue number one, the magazine just started this month. I've already sent in a thing to order 6 issues with CDs. Plus they have some great contests.

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 1:37 AM

Toad, the reason there is no smpoke or anything is because its only a picture to show the model, its not a detailed picture. The reason the texture does not corrospond to the red sensor is because its a camo paint job, and they should be fairly random, not symetrical or and particular design. Also, there would be no exaust because the robot uses a micro-fusion engine. And the green "laser" thingy is actually an active broadband communications scanner and reciever. there is more detail laid out at this posting in the gallery. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=15799&Start=25&Sectionid=2&WhatsNew=Yes Hawkfyr, if he can't or won't provide the tutorial for you, can u cant get the magazine just let me know, I'll provide it for you.

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 1:38 AM

BTW, if anyone is interested in the model, just let me know, I can provide it for you, or I can UL it to this site if they have that ability.

Bladesmith ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 2:45 AM

heh, now animate it....(coming from someone who just wasted 6 hours trying to animate a robot in bryce)

Toad ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 2:46 AM

Sorry ! i wasn't to know!

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 10:03 AM

LOL, Bladesmith, I'd rather recreate it in 3D Studio and use the animation controls there, kinetics and such. It could be done in bryce it would just be Very Long process.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 2:55 PM

Hi All , I got a reply back from Simon Danaher and He said it "IS" copyrighted , and suggested I contact"Future"( The Publisher) so I posted this info at the moderators forum to see if we might do some networking with the magazine, Lets "not" distribute any copyrighted stuff.( but I would love to have the Model Sinv). This Post has inspired me to start a model of my own, and has got me out of my creative slump.(thanks all) hopefully I'll have a wip to post here in a acouple of days. Oh By the way ... the guy Who wrote the tutorial(Simon) asked for the url to this thread so I gave it to him so he could check out the model. Pretty cool huh? Thanks again everyone. Hawkfyr

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 4:53 PM

Hawkfyr U RULE, never ever, did I expect the creator of the tutorial to actually see my Model adn make comments on it. Simon D: Will 3D World be continuing to do stuff with bryce? I have sent my subscription in and am hoping they do continue to cover bryce. And thank you VERY much for your comments. Hawkfyr: Contact me at ICQ# 83048162, and anyone else that wants the model. I only ask that you include my name in any posted pictures as the model builder. Again, thank you all,especially Hawkfyr.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 6:32 PM

Heh Heh, Non-Problematic Sinv-jica. you did a very good job on the model and tutorials are really launching pads for a project, and are expected to be exceeded IMHO, I'm not on ICQ but Ican be reached at hawkfyr@mciworld.com Drop me a line Sinv. Welcome Simon, Glad to see you made it, please stick around and perhaps post some of your Images and stuff(copyright permitting) I'm sure you'll find the interations with the members here to be a pleasure.We all Love Bryce (see Boneys Thread) Thanks again Glad to have you here. By The Way I deleted the duplicate post for you , that happens here from time to time. Hawkfyr

Carolyn5799 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 9:50 PM

Very, very nice work. I got the mag and been playing with the robot thing too. Instead of that though I am trying to do some sort of biomech. horse. Carolyn

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 9:56 PM

Hi Carolyn, By All means... Post it here so we can see. Hawkfyr

Carolyn5799 ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 9:58 PM

Give me a bit of time,,,,,I just got Bryce about a month ago and it's a learning process for me. But I'm making "body parts" gradually and hopefully I can combine and come up with something. carolyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.