Fri, Sep 20, 5:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do I make my own Maps?

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 9:26 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:57 AM

Ok, I have seen all of these nice Props Like castles and such. How do I go about makeing my own?

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 10:41 PM

Maps are created in 2D Paint apps, and props are created in 3D modeling apps. Neither process is really done within Poser but there are free versions of both other types of apps available on the web.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 3:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sams3d.com

You make a map by using alot of different applications, but most people round here use UV Mapper by Steve Cox, you bring the object into UV mapper, and make a map. Then save your model and save the template for your map to apply paint or whatever to it. Sharen I have a small tutorial that may help you understand if you want to download it. Go here and then at the top of the page click the tutorials. There are two of them you want the second one.

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 8:15 AM

This suggests a question I've been mulling for a while. What, exactly, does the Group Editor's "Create Perspective UVs" do? I know what "create", "perspective," and "UV" mean, but I can get a bloody thing to happen when I try to use it. I create a group, click the button, and nothing happens. I tried what I thought the manual was suggesting, putting a background image on the screen behind the prop, then group on prop, click button. Nothing.

Has anyone actually used this and had something happen? B L Render mentions it in Secrets of Figure Creation (highly recommended, at Amazon), but with no more info than the manual. A clue would be much appreciated. M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.