Mon, Oct 21, 10:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Ultimate Bed Construction Set

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 11:07 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 12:34 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=22937

file_75957.jpg

If you like this single bed you have got to see the other 14 :) and 31 textures. No lye- you can make hundreds of different combinations :)

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 11:58 PM

nice beds!! Too pricey for my budget for one prop. But they are nice with all the variations...great job on the spreds and pillows!

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 12:48 AM

hi Dizzie- :) if you look at the product pages (all 3 of them)- lol- there are 15 separate beds- with 31 textures and trims galore- LOL it's a huge amount- really this is just one :)

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:13 AM

geo,They look fantastic!! I can see that you do get a lot for your money,with this package...but I think Dizzie is right(that price might turn away buyers just looking for A bed). Why not also offer two subsets.... one for the wroughtiron and one for the wood,with just two or three styles each($10.00?). Really nice work,SWAMP

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:24 AM

It's plain gorgeous!! Will it be available anwhere else?? Laurie

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:46 AM

OH. MY. GOD. You Rock!!!!!! I just looked at all the combinations.... and you have EXACTLY what I want, -- a 4 poser leopard print bed! I've been working on a virtual set and I've been searching for a decent bed for so long. I even I bought a bed, tried and failed to create a leopard print for it. Sadly, it was impossible to do because the comforter had a bad UV map for the comforter. I've even tried to rig Castle Dev's cool 4 poser bed freebie, but's a single, not a double, and it doesn't have a comforter, -- only sheets. I LOVE how well your beds are designed for easy texture map making. It looks like it would be so much easier than the hell I went through. And I'm loving the endless mix-and-match possibilities with bed frames and blanket styles. In fact, I'm feeling sorry for myself that I ever wasted money buying another bed, yours are clearly better. I'll be picking up your bed collection Monday. Great product. =) The only other thing I can think of that would make the Ultimate Bed Collection even better is having blanket deformers so characters can be tucked in under the sheets, pillows can have a "just slept on" indent on them, and the bed can look lived-in with an "unmade" morph. That would be awesome! =) bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:52 AM

p.s. A little indent on the comforter for Mill Cat would be groovy too. =)

Tintifax ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 3:06 AM

I really like it, but the price...ouch. Dividing it up into 2 subsets would be a great idea.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 3:30 AM

These are really spectacular. I love them. Sharen

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 10:39 AM

hey BastBlack- you bet it's easy to texture- we on purpose made them simple square textures- so easy to texture- anyone can do it :)

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 12:17 PM

Are there any morphs in the blankets and pillows? (Dent morphs for the pillows, crumple morphs for the blankets, etc.)

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 12:46 PM

"hi Dizzie- :) if you look at the product pages (all 3 of them)- lol- there are 15 separate beds- with 31 textures and trims galore- LOL it's a huge amount- really this is just one :) " I did look at it all before I posted...even with all the great combos, it's still just 1 prop...I can't think of many times I would use more than 1 bed in a render...

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 12:59 PM

geoegress, "Easy to customize," are words I like to hear. It's customizable like how The Sims objects are, only much bigger, much better, and way easier. And you know what else I like about your set? A highly detailed quilt pattern. I have never seen a Poser bed successfully pull off a highly detailed quilt before (and an animal print too!) Yea! =) bB

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 5:59 PM

These are the most beautiful 3D beds I have ever seen, and you have made exactly the bed I have been trying to find for a very long time. I wish I could afford it. But as Dizzie says, the number of times I would be able to use a prop like this are limited, even with all the spectacular options. Maybe consider splitting up the pack and selling it in lower priced units? I am not meaning to belittle your accomplishment in any way. These are really superb beds. Kimberly

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 6:34 PM

I agree Kimberly, they are stunning beds and the textures on the covers are superb!

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 7:00 AM

I agree with Dizzie. I saw this product in the MP, and really liked it. But the price is higher than I would pay. You do get an awful lot for the price...but unless you specialize in erotic art, you just wouldn't use all those options. I think breaking it up into two or more packs would make it more saleable. Maybe three packs: the wooden beds, the iron beds, and the bedding textures. And I love the idea of an indent for the MilCat. :-) Maybe a separate morph pack, for crumpled sheets, someone lying in the bed, etc.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:03 AM

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:14 AM

Actually, I didn't think the price was all that high. I would pay it for all options that come along with it. There's tons of mats, and tons of bedframe options. Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:22 AM

There's 15 meshes and 31 mats for crying out loud! 25 bucks is nothing. Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 12:50 PM

I'm not saying it's not worth $25. It's probably worth more than that. But like the saying goes, if you don't need it, it's not a bargain. And few artists need that many beds. I am not suggesting the price be lowered. Quite the opposite. If the pack is broken up and sold separately, the total price could actually be increased. It would be a win-win situation for both buyer and seller.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:07 PM

randym77 - I was talking more to myself than to anyone else ;o). Wasn't trying to offend :o). I had just gone to the page and looked at how many frames and mats there were....lol Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:08 PM

And if it's any consolation, I can't afford it at this moment either, as much as I like it ;o) Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:47 PM

Oh! I thought you were talking to me. :-) I meant no offense, either. I have nothing but the deepest respect for the time and talent it takes to make something like this. Probably no one gets what their work is really worth here, just because we're such a small market. BTW, I should probably thank you for all the nice items. You've got better items in your free stuff than a lot of people have in their stores. My MilCat is spending a lot of time on your rugs. It's so cool, the way they have wrinkles, just like a real rug. And the texture on your door mat just blows me away, it looks so real!

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 4:16 PM

Hehehe...thanks ;o). As long as they are useful :o) Laurie

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 4:37 PM

Very pretty, but under no circumstances would you convince me to pay 25 bucks (!!!!!) for a bunch of beds. For a whole house full of furniture maybe. :] FIsh

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 6:45 PM

Don't forget the addendum, ppl - anyone who buys this bed set will receive the updates for free, right??

geoegress ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 7:39 PM

RIGHT- :)

Briggie ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 8:11 PM

I think it's a great set. Sure 25 is a bit steep but this following quote makes a difference. "Also we have many additions we'll be sending out in the future to our customers who buy this :)"

If they are going to give you additional bonus product because you spent 25 now, doesn't that make the price look a bit better? It does to me. It's really no different then the deal that Daz has for Mike atm, sure, you will probably use Mike 3 more but it's really no different, buy now at this price, get more later.

Personally, I have this set. I think its well worth the price they are asking for it. You can tell that alot of hard work and effort went into this pack. It's not just tossed together. The textures I think say volumes for this set alone. I plan on using this set along with Richabri's rooms, and no, I don't do erotic art. :P

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 8:16 PM

Beds aren't just for erotic scenes, don't we all know that? They can be the sad symbol of someone left alone, the center of the family when a baby sleeps gently in her parents' bed, a warfield for anger between battling partners, a playground for kittens. I love this set and all the possibilities it holds. It's on my list to get. Good job!

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 10:14 PM

Ken, I think the whole package is great and for the work done on it, I don't think $25.00 is too much. You got to get a little something for your work as Rosity is taking most of that 25. Anyway, enough of that...are you still planning on doing some of the morphs mentioned in the other message in the Poser Forum?

geoegress ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:14 PM

yup- working on some additions and expansions :)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:27 PM

I'll tell ya, the only thing I would really love to see added to this set is a wedding ring quilt texture. That would be awesome...Hmmm...mebbe I should just buy this package and make my own texture...hehe...yeah, that would work. :) Love this one, it's even purtier than the gates.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 5:10 AM

Kate, That is an awesome idea. If you do, let me know.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 12:11 PM

Kate - I'm working on a number of traditional quilt patterns as we speak ;) And the wedding ring (and double wedding ring) are in the list. :) Not trying to naysay any effort you want to take up on your own, but when geo showed me this bed set, it was one of the first things I thought of.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 4:08 PM

We do think alike, then Lucy. The double wedding ring has always been one of my favorite patterns. Since you're already working on it and I haven't even unzipped the package yet, heck, I'll just wait for yours. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.