Fri, Sep 20, 4:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: I'm getting V3 soon! What do I need?

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:33 AM

I'm getting V3 for my birthday and just wanted to know what extras I needed. Such as clothes, hair, shoes and such. Just wanted to know if I have to purchase them as well or can I get them free. Thank you. Ecco (aka pbellows)

lwanmtr ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:17 PM

With V3's materials you dont 'have' to buy clothes. If you buy clothing, make sure it say's for V3, though you can use the V3->V2 to use some V2 cloting also shameless plug: I have a few different ouutfits in my store.

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:39 PM

Depending on what you already have for V2 add these to your wishlist: V3 mannikin Daz arcane. Fit V2 clothes to V3 JP pose file for V3 Netherworks. Sets joint parameters. The Tailor If you have Varishes hair the is an up date file that will fit to V3. Universal texture converter to convert V2 textures to fit V3. Some very good free clothes are from poserfasions. Poserworld has very good clothes, subscription site. RDNA is good (PS as you start to use V3 you will want more- hide your CC)

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:41 PM

V3 itself, textures probably (there are some freebies, mostly fantasy-themed ones, and DAZ offer a file that, used with the free UVMapper Classic, lets you create a version that can use V1/2 textures), body morphs and head morphs (more-or-less essential). Most prop-type V1/2 hair (the stuff that goes in the Hair library) will work with V3, though the ears are in a different place which can require some tweaking, and there are a couple of free poses that will make some conforming hair for V1/2 work too. Clothing is trickier: if you have the Tailor (Windows only) there is a method for converting V1/2/Stephanie clothes, and there are some freebies.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 2:42 PM

Jim Burton has updated several of his hair models for a V3 fit, as has Dark Whisper.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 8:07 PM

The ultra cat suit for V3 from Daz is a great thing. I actually make jeans and tops using texture and transparency maps for my V3. It's not hard actually. The cat suit can turn into bra and pants, bathing suit, etc. My advice would be to stay away from V2 clothes, as it's too difficult to make them fit V3, well at least it is for me. I have a mac and therefore can't get tailor. also really nice clothes by gypsy rose here at renderosity. Very reasonably priced and you get lots of different looking outfits out of one thing. also you can make the shoulder straps move on the dresses and drop the dress to the floor and have it wrinkled if you want too. The best one I got was the all-n-wonder dress by gyspyrose. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 7:01 AM

Don't forget to get DialCleaner too. It's free and you need to run it on every PZ3 and CR2 you save containing V3.

FinalNova ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:21 AM

Ok, I don't have any other versoin of Vicky. And if there are any links that any of you have send me a message and all. Thank you all.

FinalNova ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:24 AM

Woops... I'm at a friends house useing her loging name.. that is me pbellows that just posted that 'OO huh?" LOL sorry for the confusion.

gryffnn ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 7:44 PM

If you don't have one already, consider a DAZ Platinum Club membership - lots of nice $1.99 things for V3. Or a membership in PoserWorld - Steve Shanks makes nice clothes and lots of other nice things. Of course, I think my Victoria3XprssnMagic is pretty unique; all you need is V3's basic head morphs :-) Elisa/gryffnn

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 8:09 PM

HI, yes I agree the platinum club is very good. There's a very nice t-shirt there and it fits all your v3 beautifully. One of the problems with V3 clothes, is that V3 has all those wonderful body morph dials, and unless you get clothes that also have morphs you can't make the clothes fit your V3 even though they are V3 clothes, so I suggest only get clothes with morphs in them - that's what I try to do. Oh yes, I belive expression magic is pretty good too. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

raven ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 4:31 PM

At DAZ at the bottom of the V3 page, is a UVs file for UVMapper that will allow you to use V1/2 textures on V3, that costs nothing. So you may not need to buy textures yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.