Sun, Sep 22, 4:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: How do I HIDE morph dials?

tedbragg ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 6:18 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:42 AM

I don't want to strip out the morphs, just turn off the dials that show up in Poser. How do I do that? EASILY, I mean...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 7:17 PM

I don't believe it can be done within Poser; you'll need a third-party utility or a text editor.

Here's the relevant section of the morph code:

targetGeom Round<br></br>            {<br></br>            name Round<br></br>            initValue 0<br></br>            hidden 0<br></br>            forceLimits 4<br></br>            min -100000<br></br>            max 100000<br></br>

Change "hidden" to 1, and the dial won't appear when the figure is loaded.

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 7:28 PM

Toolbar>window>uncheck parameter dial I think that's what your asking? SWAMP

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 9:26 PM

Little dragon is right. You can only do it in a text editor or separate app, like cr2Editor. The dial code LD showed is for a morph, but it's the same for scale/rot/trans dials too. Just change 'hidden 0' to 'hidden 1', or the reverse to unhide them. Someone had a tute on this somewhere, ages ago, but it's easy enough to understand. mac

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 9:58 PM

OK,I'm still not sure I understand the question(very normal for me). I did have a script that would hide any unused dial(all dials with a zero)..didn't strip them,just hide them....got it in free stuff. But as I,m not sure of the question...I'll just stop talking now. SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 10:05 PM
stewer ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 8:33 AM

If you're using Poser 5, you can simply create a new group in the parm dial palette, drop all the morphs you want to hide into it and collapse the new group.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 2:46 PM

To hide a morph (targetGeom) channel by editing a cr2 you have to put the "hidden 1" statement AFTER the closing brace for the deltas. Whilst Little_Dragons solution works for other types of channel, morph channels are a special case.

d 942 0.000329997 0 -9.90033e-005 
                                d 943 1.20029e-005 0 -2.99886e-006 
                                } 
                                hidden 1
                        }

You can also use a pose to hide a morph channel by specifying the relivent actor and morph. { actor box_1 { { targetGeom Morph1 { hidden 1 } } } }

gryffnn ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 3:11 PM

Or you could get my DialMagic for Millennium figures in DAZ's software section. It's a set of pose files for Poser 4 that lets you on-the-fly show subsets of a figure's morph dials, for example, nose shaping morphs or speech. It has all the morphs for Victoria 1 and 2, Micheal 1 and 2 and Stephanie, but not Victoria 3, Michael 3 or my MikePlusVersion2. Includes a user guide with more info. Stewer is right, Poser 5 lets you create sub-groups that you can show or hide as need - really nice because you can drag dials between groups anytime you want a different subset

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.