Mon, Sep 9, 5:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: M3 What kind of clothing would you like to see for him?

insomniaworks ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 8:24 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

As some of you may already know, I create clothing for the market place both here and PP. What kind of clothing would you like to see for him?

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 8:51 AM

Realistic adventurer/pirate costumes. Shirts, Trousers, Bracers, Cape, Rucksack. Most useful M3 morphs should be included. Additional morphs for giving the clothes more dynamic in Poser4 would be fine.

Firebirdz ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 9:28 AM

I would like a nice denim Jacket of the casual kind.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 9:48 AM

Normal everyday clothing. Pants, shirts, shoes, UNDERWEAR. Especially underwear. Some of us have been asking for a simple pair of tighty-whities, fruit of the look or josky style underwear forever. The better it morphs, the more likely I'll buy it. I want jackets and shirts that open and close, pants that unzip, sleeves that roll up, shorts and underwear that don't make him look like a Ken doll. Muscle morphs, but don't forget slim and heavy. Low rise pants with the underwear showing. Baggy as well as tight fitting clothing. And I want it mapped logicly. A shirt should have mapping so the sleeves can be short, long, or gone. Pants should have two levels of shorts: short to the crotch and long to the knees. A lot of us have P5 and use P5 materials, and mapping this way helps us take advantage of it. Want a lot don't I? The best pants I've seen are JeanZ. The best complete packages are the Utilize collections. I'd be willing to pay premium prices for really well made, good morphing clothing. 1 really good pair of pants, 1 really good dress shirt, 1 really good t-shirt (that is mapped so it can be long sleeved, short sleeved, muscle, or tank - and a morph so the bottom can move up would be great). Boxer shorts, FOTL, speedos. There's going to be a ton of fantasy stuff (already going good). Just normal, high quality clothing. ...sigh...

Stormrage ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:07 AM

any kind of outfits that have the same abilities to morph with mike.. :)

brynna ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:44 AM

Tee shirts, blue jeans, suits, sportsjackets, dress shirts, Dockers, and just about everything pdxjims said. There will be tons of fantasy clothing as it is. The only "fantasy-type" outfit I'd like to see is something correctly medieval, not fantasy. NOT armour, as there will be a lot of that as well, nor Renaissance. Watch "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves" to see what I have in mind. :) Brynna

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

notime6 ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 11:47 AM

Business Suit & Tux, Please

Simderella ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 11:47 AM

pdxjims you might be interested to know that JeanZ have been updated for M3 and will be available soon!

My Gallery

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 11:56 AM

Yep, "normal" clothes. The fantasy, historical, and sci fi stuff is all fantastic, but regular streetwear and perhaps businesswear tend to be more useful, more frequently. I'd be especially interested in clothing that appears to have a "baggy" sort of loose fit.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 12:08 PM

A Zoot Suit emsemble for M3 and a Roaring 20's set fer V3. Make it a combo pack or a split pack

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 12:14 PM

"clothing that appears to have a "baggy" sort of loose fit. " I agree....clothes that fit normally, not skin tight....

lobo75 ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 12:24 PM

UNDERWEAR!

drafter69 ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 1:23 PM

Why bother asking as folks keep asking for the same things and the producers seem to simply ignor them. For a year now folks have been asking for simple briefs (underwear) and all that keeps being pushed is exotic underwear. Even the poor mil. boy has no decent briefs.

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 1:46 PM

Hang on I did a HUGE pair of y fronts for Mike ages ago....and when i say huge i mean huge, right Jim ;o)....it wasn't my best day LOL...Steve PS Jim if you get the ebot for this check your IM's

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 1:47 PM

Normal clothing like the ones already mentioned.....

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 3:29 PM

opening and closing trenchcoat

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 4:20 PM

Aw gee, WTB, you doing Flasher pics again? Kate snickering and running for cover P.S. Did ya hear Spike's gonna be a regular on Angel now? Yay!!

usslopez ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 4:43 PM

Suprised no one has put out some bodyglove textures. I went looking for some last night and then I tried some free V3 ones that I found but that just locked up my computer. Regular current trendy clothes pleezze. A/F Baggy shorts, flip flops, cool shoes like black Kennith Cole type or Steve Madden type bowlig shoes, Polo type shirts, Timberland hiking boots, Ralph Lauren type baggy jeans... or is all this what I want? hahaha.. ;^)

My RMP Store ; My Free Stuff

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 7:15 PM

Everyday, "normal people" clothing (like the kind I might see on someone walking down a street in rural Minnesota.....vs.....on another planet). Pdxjims laid out a lot of good ideas as did a number of others. "Morphing" stuff.....to go along with M3 Morphs.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 7:31 PM

a necktie, vest, business suit, bib overalls, police uniform, catsuit, socks, jacket. not into fantasy stuff, but would like to do some mock crime scenes ;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 8:36 PM

I am amused by the people asking for real authentic clothing... and then citing some incredibly bad movie or Hollywood costume catalog as a reference source. Using Cleopatra and Gladiator as references isn't going to make a model look realistically dressed. BTW, I knew that the Costner movie would be difficult when the opening sequence was a lovely closeup pan of the Bayeaux Tapestry. What does the Norman Conquest of 1066 have to do with the Crusades a couple hundred years later? Absolutely nothing. There are very good costume books available which show clothing from various ages and regions. The images are taken from statues and paintings and sometimes from the carefully-preserved actual garments. Occasionally fantasy artists have dipped into these books before producing their own images... and occasionally the real clothing has been so extreme and unbelievable that no fantasy artist will touch it. (I don't think much of those uncreative artists who put aliens into jeans, either.) Carolly

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:06 PM

Be careful with the top clothing not to make it look like he's got breasts. even with big pecs I don't think you see them under clothes. And if you do, they are a diffuse bulge and very subtle. Better not to have any bulge under the clothes at all actually. Most mens clothes are a little loose anyway. I agree with the rest of the comments above, and morphs are really important, and please include the stocky morph too. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:19 PM

Ooooo..., I'd love to throw out ideas for M3 clothes. Thanks for asking.

imho, Michael 2's Clothing Packs were too stiff and stuffy. Sure his dress shirt could unbutton, but you couldn't roll up the sleeves. His dress pants had no option to make them low hung on the hips either. He was tragically uncool. I would love to see M3 get threads with attitude. So if M2 had the Cop Pack, why not give M3 the Detective Pack? Example:

1. The Hip Detective (Think Agent Mulder)

Low on the hip dress slack pants with thin belt
Gun holster on hip
Dress shirt loose around the collar with rolled up sleeves
Morphable tie that can blow around
A Badge and ID
Dress shoes
A big black watch

You like? =)

p.s.
As others have mentioned, I too would like morphable clothes to fit each of M3's body setting (Young, Tone, Thin, Muscle 1-4, Heavy, etc.)

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:35 PM

Okay, here's a few more things I would like: Barn Jacket Windbreaker Peacoat Baggy Pajama bottoms Turtleneck (too not thick and woolly though) T-shirt with length options (tucked, untucked) and sleeve options (sleeveless, normal, 3/4, and long sleeve) -- would also be cool to be able to layer T-shirts on top of each other. Steve Irwin wear (crocodile and snake bites optional) ;) And anything Egyptian! =)

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:39 PM

Carolly, I'm into historically accurate costumes too. If anyone wants to make authentic Egyptian wear, I'm a wealth of information. I can hook you up with more resources and scans than you'll ever need. ;) bB

Scathdebas ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 10:47 PM

JEDI GEAR!

jelisa ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 4:56 AM

JVRenderer, Will Dupre is working on a Roaring Twenties outfit for V3. There are renders by Will, Mab, and myself in the Product Showcase forum. I think he's also working on a matching suit for M3, I think.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.