Sat, Sep 21, 11:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Gel Text

josiahpugh ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 12:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:58 AM

file_130662.jpg

How do you make the gel text like in the Maya for MacOS X picture shown here.

adam ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 1:41 PM

What version do you have? First, type in the text that you want. If you have a newer verion of Photoshop, you can select the text tool and hold down option (not sure which key for PCs). Or you can select "Layer effects" in the layer window. Now a window pops up. Go to "Bevel and Emboss". The inner bevel should do it, but I like to use Emboss. Play around with it until you get what you want. Adam

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 3:03 PM

I tried that and it looks real cool, but for some reason I think that image might not have been made in Photoshop.

josiahpugh ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 3:12 PM

I have versin 5.5, and a mac. It may not have been made in Photoshop, but I would like to know how to make that effect. And I don't think that you can get that effect with emboss. This looks more like glass.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 3:29 PM

Maybe it was done in Maya? You most likely could do it in Carrara or some other 3D program easy. You are right about the texture though, it looks more like glass with the way the light bends and refracts.

josiahpugh ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 4:16 PM

There are other texts that are done like that. Such as the MacOS 9 box, and when you look at MacOS X. I'm pretty sure it wasn't done in a 3D program. But thanks anyways.

pam ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 4:25 PM

I had this tut in my bookmarks, it is how to make a glass fx, though it is kind of tedious :-) http://www.ozones.com/handson/glass/

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 4:40 PM

If you figure out a way to do it, let us know. It sure has got my curiousity going.(;>

adam ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2000 at 5:09 PM

That is a VERY cool tutorial pam!! Thanks for posting it! Adam

josiahpugh ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 1:26 AM

neat tutorial. I got confused early on, but how can I do it with text?? and I don't think that technique would work to get the text I want, but it would still be very cool.

Chailynne ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 2:32 AM

My guess is that it was done in a 3d program. You might be able to immitate it with Bladepro by FlamingPear.

harold_u ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:27 AM

Check out http://www.actionxchange.com/ and look for the action named "I mac er" it will do to your text or logo, what Apple did to their logo, look at their website, same effect.

pam ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 9:19 AM

thanks Harold! cg.jpg

josiahpugh ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 1:24 PM

That could work. I love that website harold u. Got anymore like that? Really cool. I would still like to get input on this topic and see if anybody has any better ideas. Thanks so much!!

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 2:29 PM

Very Nice!!

dlm ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 1:59 PM

Please see new thread above "Gel text(continued)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.