Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: M3 Converter/Genmapper?

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 11:22 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:42 PM

What's up with this thing? It's not working on m3's genitals like it's supposed to!

Kreations By Khrys

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 11:37 PM

From what I've read in these forums, Daz changed the mapping after the M3 UTC plugin was created and an update is being worked on currently.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2003 at 11:49 PM

Grr. They shouldn't have released the converter until they updated it. Bad Daz! Bad!

Kreations By Khrys

lhiannan ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 12:06 AM

Well, I for one am happy they released it with M3. I will get more use out of converting everyone's body & head textures than I will converting M2's penis map. :D

Tasha ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:20 AM

I thought the converter was to make Mike2 tex into Mike 3? but it doesnt do that.. sigh

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 2:05 AM

WHAT? It doesn't convert M2 to M3??? That's why I bought it. Shoulda read the product description I guess. Rats!

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 2:29 AM

Hold everything. I just checked and the UTC does convert M2 to M3...but you have to get 2 plugins to the original program...one that allows you to convert Michael and Stephanie and another to add M3 into the mix.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 2:32 AM

Yeah, but nudes look funny without the genitals. And it DOES convert for m2/m3. It just requires the m2 converter.

Kreations By Khrys

Simderella ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 3:43 AM

3DUniverse, who made the UTC, have already sent the update for the genital mapping to DAZ, so don't worry... Just got to wait for DAZ to upload it.

My Gallery

Simderella ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 4:05 AM

you will have to redownload it, from your purchases page at DAZ

My Gallery

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 10:43 AM

Has anyone gotten the M2 to M3 remapping to work with the new download? I've redownloaded it twice, both the M1/M2 and the M3 plugins, and it still doesn't work for me. I still get bad mapping, and now I'm getting a subscript out of range, (program errror 9). It's such a great product for the rest of the textures that this problem is pretty minor to me, but it would sure be nice to get the genitals converted.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 10:52 AM

Jim, the update probably won't be at DAZ until maybe Monday at the earliest. I've been to my account and redownloaded the file. It's the same I got when I bought it.

Simderella ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 11:51 AM

Sorry folks i was told by 3duniverse that it had been updated... and pdjims, have you installed the 2 important updates for the UTC? with out them you can't use plugins.

My Gallery

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 12:22 PM

I got them Simderella. Everything works great except for the M2 to M3 genital mapping. You know, I get a strange feeling about this. I bet this whole thing is a comedy of errors. I wish DarkWhisper would do a UTC plugin to convert M2's genital mapping to Ult's figure. It's a better one with more morphs and controls. What we really need though is someone to make a new genital figure from scratch that includes M3's design on foreskin and parenting, Ulf's morphing, and Digiport's posing and number of segments, and uses a high res mapping. There'd have to be fits to all of the male figures: M1/M2, M3, V3 male, and Ichiro (because I like Ichiro). I'd pay $30 for it, easy. $40 is there was a UTC plugin to go with it.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:05 PM

According to Steve, you need to redownload your Steph and M2 convertor. That is the update you need. DAZ reset everyone's download for it.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:26 PM

I did kayjay, it still don't work. The files are all the same. Have you gotten it to work?

JetM ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 1:50 PM

pdxjims, just wanted you to know you're not the only one. I redownloaded it this morning and got the same subscript error.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 4:17 PM

........blushing........ nope just downloaded like I was told to. LOL HAven't had time to play :(

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

bijouchat ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 6:15 PM

my entire utc crashes now if I try to run the genital uvmapping ... :(

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2003 at 6:59 PM

Don't worry, bijouchat. Dark Whisper is a great programmer. He'll fix it quick. No one else ever came up with a UTC before, and we've all wanted one ever since V1 and Posette couldn't share the same texture. Give him a couple of days. And the rest of the conversion works GREAT!

AkoSteve ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 11:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/updates.asp

The fix is on his site now it looks like. I just tested it to make sure and it's um...well it's working. I would post proof but my M3 is too shy!

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 2:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3duniverse.co.za/updates.asp

Hi all, The update for the M3 Gen plugin is available at the above link (thanks AkoSteve). I have also sent the updated product to Daz and am waiting for notification that it's up. If anyone else is still having a problem, please feel free to email me (darkwhisper@3duniverse.co.za) or post in the UTC forum on 3D Universe. I don't often get to check the forums here, and I'd hate to miss you :-) cheers, Steve

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 2:20 PM

Thanks Steve! It works great, just like the rest of the converter. It's the best thing I've bought in a very long time. Ever think about a plugin for the Digiport or Ulf genitals? The new ones from Daz are a little limited compared to them. Ulf's is free, so it'd get wide usage (grin).

toolstech ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 9:02 PM

I am still having trouble with the M3 Gen update. On a conversion from M2 to M3, the genital map is garbled. On a conversion from M3 to M2, I get the subscript out of range error that the update is supposed to correct. The version of the UTC is listed as 1.0.12. I had updated my original version with the UTCV123Update.exe when I had originally installed the M2/Steph plugin and found I was receiving similar problems as I am seeing right now. I downloaded and installed the updated M3 plugin from DAZ, but to double check I also retrieved the zip from 3D Universe. When I run the UTCM3Update1.exe it indicates that there is nothing to do, already updated. Does anyone have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2003 at 12:00 AM

Toolstech - you effectively need to update all the plugins. You need: - UTCV123 Update (available from www.3duniverse.co.za) - M12/S Update (redownload plugin from Daz) - M3 Update (redownload plugin from Daz or get update from www.3duniverse.co.za) cheers, Steve

toolstech ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2003 at 12:13 AM

Thanks Steve. I had missed that there was also an update for the M2/Steph plugin. I had thought I only needed the M3 plugin update.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.