Tue, Sep 24, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: M3 Manequin?

IsauraS ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 8:08 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:28 PM

I remember when V3 came out someone did a manequin that you upload to the Tailor to help the old V2 clothes fit her. It worked pretty good. Someone also did a joint pose for V3 for the same purpose. I was wondering, did someone, maybe the same people, did something similar for M3? If so, can someone point the way? Thanks!

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 8:52 PM

I've submitted a tutorial on this to DAZ; you can make one yourself. Import the M3_M2 obj, load the normal M3 obj as a morph target, then save to your prop library. It'll work like normal when you open it in The Tailor; just make Tailor show you the pp2 files by typing * into the Open dialog. Or you can change the extension to cr2. Joint poses will be up at DAZ with the tutorial if it's approved. Or you can send me your e-mail via IM and I'll send you the zip.

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 8:58 PM

That "someone" would be me. As soon as I get M3 I will make a M2 to M3 mannikin. The bad news is since i do not have M3 it will be a while. Unless someone wants to buy it for me ;)

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 9:02 PM

DRAT Fyrespiryt you just blew my chance to get a free Mike 3!! Elegant solution. I did not think it woudl work sicne teh V3 and V3_V2 object have differnt vertex counts

IsauraS ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2003 at 9:19 PM

Thank you both! I will send you an IM with my email address, FyreSpiryt. heh, thank you too LordNakagawa for the V3 manequin. :)

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 6:40 AM

Sorry, Nakagawa-sama. ;) I didn't expect it to work either (I'd also tried that with V3_V2), but was pleasantly surprised when it did. :)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 10:33 AM

That's answered the question I was going to ask: will the same technique work with V2 -> V3? I know we have Lord N's manikin (bows deeply) but it would have been a way to convert from V3 to V2 if done in reverse. DAZ seem to be sitting on the V3-V2 manikin - maybe they want to release V2 versions of some of their V3 output - and that would have got round it. But on the bright side, the method can be used to convert Mike 3 clothes back to Mike 2 when needed. :)

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 3:46 PM

EnglishBob, I can't get this to work with V2->V3 and if you read FyreSpirit's message again, I THINK she stated that she failed on that task too, and then was pleasntly surprised it worked with the M3->M2. I am certainly happy she thought of it to try again even with the first failure.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 4:09 PM

FS: "I didn't expect it to work either (I'd also tried that with V3_V2)" EB: "That's answered the question I was going to ask" Sorry, I didn't express myself very effectively there. I'd got the message, and was just musing on some other possibilities. I do that instead of working, sometimes. :)

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 4:20 PM

Oh boy, then I am the one that needs reading glasses! Sorry about that! I do a lot of shtuff instead of working. One of them seems to be misinterpretation of simple english. :)

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2003 at 9:11 PM

On the other hand here's what you can do to make a quickie V3 to V2 mannikin- export the V3 mannikin with the v2 morphs and without it. Import the Manniking with the V3 morphs, and then add a morph of the original V2 mannikin

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 3:44 AM

Slaps forehead [Homer]d'oh![/Homer] Thanks Lord N. Couldn't see the wood for the trees, there. ;)

waxlrose20 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 8:17 AM

I've tried with/without jp setting pose but still failed :( The clothing still doesn't fit M3. I think I did something wrong in the importing M3_M2 obj and load M3 morph... Maybe I'd better wait for Daz to upload FyreSpirit tutorial.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 8:45 AM

It's up already - follow the link to DAZ Arcana.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 8:54 AM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/tutorial.php?id=128

Apologies - you can only see it by going to FyreSpirit's author page at Arcana. I've posted a direct link.

waxlrose20 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 10:22 AM

HEY ! :) Thanks a lot, EnglishBob ! :D

waxlrose20 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 11:41 AM

file_76300.jpg

Thanks to FireSpiryt for the tutes :D Now I can star tailoring some of M2 clothes for my M3 :D

IsauraS ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 2:11 PM

That's great to know!! I haven't been able to try it out because I have to do other things first. grrrr... But it is great to know it works! :D Thanks again!

wrpspeed ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 3:16 PM

found the tutorial but unable to get the M3JP_setters.zip file to load. does anyone have a copy of it? thanks terry

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 3:33 PM

Ditto, I can't load the zip file either - it comes up as a 404. I've noticed this problem with other arcana files at Daz as well :

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 4:01 PM

The tutorial is not properly published yet - i.e. you can't get to it from the main Arcana page. So it may well be that the support files just haven't been uploaded yet. I would recommend patience... ;)

disneyfabfive ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2003 at 6:37 AM

I hate to sound stupid, But I don't understand how to make the quickie V3 to V2 Manikin. Would anyone mind doing a tutorial for us dummies who are a little slow. Thanks so much, Beth

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 11:48 AM

Soon as I work out the details, Disney, I'll post a brief step-by-step here. It isn't QUITE as simple as it first seemed...

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 6:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1445611

Here's my method - I started a new thread since it was getting a bit off-topic for this one. And I wanted everyone to see it, of course. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.