Sat, Sep 21, 3:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: I need advice for aditions to this image

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 7:38 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:41 PM

file_130742.jpg

Okay... I think that I've started to get the hang of the textures some more. Plus I've finally gotten around to putting my models in environments. I know it needs shadowing, but I have no clue on how to accomplish such. The pant texture was done by Uthena. I suppose I should also give the tunic and sword a texture. Any other ideas for aditions would be appreciated. Thanks Q.D.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:15 PM

Did you render this in Poser? If so, try the Paste to Background so you'll have some resemblance to a ground shadow. It will connect the figures to the background better. I love the wolf and the man's tunic is great. Where did you get it? I like the mood of the image. Melanie

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:22 PM

The tunic is from Zygote, I have one just like it :) I would mount the camera to a poll (about 6 feet high) and get a better picture of the forest. It kinda looks like the viewer is titled in the air and looks down somewhat. -Colt

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:28 PM

The wolf is the one that comes with poser. Like colt said the tunic is Zygote. Does the elven man look okay? I know i looks like he's standing in front of a backdrop... any ideas on how to fix that?

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:36 PM

Like I said the angle is off, and you need shadows. :)

krbtv ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:39 PM

Try using depth cueing to see if it makes the poser figures appear to be in the pictures.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:41 PM

forest.jpg
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This is what I did. In Photoshop I used the burn tool to add shadows below the wolf and to the the figures right side. Next a new layer was made onto which I drew the outlines of the sun beams. These were filled with the graduation tool set to fade to transparent. Over that I placed two more layers each pure white and reduced their opacity to get the fogged effect. I then used the erase tool with a large blurred brush to "clear away the mist" I hope this helps. Regards PhilC

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 8:45 PM

So yes and where did you get the boots? -Colt

mr_sanity ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 9:54 PM

One small detail that you could add that would make the characters seem to "float" less: make a few tiny objects, gravel/leaves etc. and place them in front of their toes or by their feet... that way, they'll look more like they're on the ground, instead of over it. Also, since your backdrop has fairly gentle lighting (almost no easy to see shadows), try to make the characters' shadows faint as well. mr_sanity

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 11:10 PM

Hey that's really cool PhilC... Too bad I don't have photoshop! I might think about investing in a copy of it though. Thanks for the tips guys!I wonder if I could acheive something close with paintshop. (I doubt it) Oh yea... The boots are a pair of tapered and scaled cow boy boots (smirk)

kiru ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 7:52 AM

ok, 1. dog and boy arent looking at the same point. 2. The sword should be pointing more down, he is holding it very lightly, and lettng the gravity take it down, or you could make the hand more fisty-grab (nice word, huh?) He has no scabbvard and the boots are too loose to walk in comfortably. I work in a quality dept for a major corporation btw, i get a little niggly. Now artistically, it is lovely. I am smiling as i look at it. Kiru kiru@kiru.net www.kiru.net

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2000 at 2:19 AM

Quixotic, you could use clonebrush with the fill parametres way down and build up brush turned on... pick up some of the background grass etc and overlay it on the feet... That's all I use for post-prod...PSP6... remember there's always the undo button.. ) Wizzard

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.