Sat, Sep 21, 6:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: High resolution and the computer

Toad ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 2:16 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:52 PM

I'm just wondering - i want to print a high resolution render from bryce, and i've rendered the scene at 72dpi (normal). will this come out in high definition when i get it printed photo quality??? In other words - how will normal bryce renders look when printed on photo paper?

jstawarz2 ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 8:42 AM

At lot smaller, probably ... :) Try rendering the image using a somewhat higher resolution, say 150 or 300 dpi. It all depends on what the printer will handle. For a 8.5x11 image, this would come out to 2550 by 3300 pixels for a 300 dpi image. That way, all of the detail is there when it prints. As for the output quality ... that all depends on the capability of the printer itself. Some folks will swear by the Epson 1200 and 1270 printers. I've seen output of these and they're awesome. Not a lick of color distortion, banding or any of that. Of course, you could always render to a .TIF and send it off to a printer to print ... :) HTH, John

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 11:53 AM

Yep! As John said. I just bought a Epson 1270 for $380 and a 300 dpi render looks like a photo.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

lilmikee ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 12:08 PM

Render the image to disk. Thant way you can select your resolution and your picture size as well. This seems to give you the best control over the render. Just like John said the image must be at least 150 dpi for print.I work in a print shop in MD and I have personaly rendered a poster from bryce at 600 dpi 24x36 and the image came out great when I printed it out on canvas on our HP 2500 Design Jet Printer. Happy Rendering Michael

jstawarz2 ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 4:04 PM

Just for grins, how much does the HP DesignJet 2500 usually run, price wise? Are we talking 3, 4 or 5 figures? John

lilmikee ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 6:34 PM

As far as I know an HP Design Jet runs in the 4 figures..I don't remember the exact specifics..... =) Michael

buddha ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2000 at 3:01 PM

If you want high resolution I print to a Photographic slide and then have a cibachrome image photographically printed but it is a bit expensive for experimenting - dye sublimation prints also look good.

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2000 at 5:17 PM

Hey buddha; I have a Alps 5000 Dyesub and I would have never said this befor, but the Epson 1270 kicks it's but. Who would have ever thought a ink jet would kick the butt of a dyesub. Now who wants to buy my Alps? Anyone that does not belive me can just fire off a e-mail to epson and ask them to send you a sample of what the 1270 can do. I did and they sent me a great image that when I first saw, I did not belive it was a print out. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.