Sat, Sep 21, 3:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Post-rendering techniques

DanielChicago ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 2:50 AM ยท edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 12:41 PM

Hi, Does anyone know of a good tutorial that covers all aspects of post-rendering techniques? Just curious, because as a newbie, I've been finding myself a little mystified by the post-rendering phase of the process. In particular, I'm trying to learn how to make my Poser people seem less stiff and more realistic looking. I'm using Photoshop 5, but I also have Paint Shop Pro. Can anyone offer any suggestions or point me in the right direction? Thanks! Daniel daniel@danielchicago.com

Lemurtek ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 3:01 AM

A good start would be Will Kramer's EarthCurves: http://earthcurves.com/index.htm He has some excellent Post render tutorials, they're toward the bottom of the page. Not to mention gorgeous art. Regards- Lemurtek

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 3:17 AM

Will Kramer's tutorials are the only ones I know of too, and they are very very good. Paul

bradthedog ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 11:07 AM

out of curiosity what do you want in a post render tutorial? I am taking the rest of the week off now that everything for my gallery opening is done, and I just might find the time to write one or at least start.

lilmikee ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 3:19 PM

I am personally interested in how to make lightning bolts using Photoshop.....I am very familiar with it since I have been using it for 4 years now. But I mainly do restorations or 2d work and create effects using kpt filters and brushes....would I draw a lightning bolt using lasso and fill and blur?

bradthedog ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 3:30 PM

i would use eye candy xenofex it has a great lightning plug in. make a layer behing your poser pic. open in photoshop. For background lightning use the lightning plugin on a new layer until you get the effect you want put that layer behind you poser figure and erase the background in the poser pic. For forground lightning there is a set of lightning bolt dfx's which I am sure someone here can point you to and render them in the poser scene with what ever texture map you see fit.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 3:40 PM

heya; there's a photoshop script thingy (whatever they're called) called dr storm that you can get. it creates random lightning-looking things by using difference clouds... (now if i can remember where i got it...) actions, that's what they're called! and the url is http://digitaldesign.home.ml.org (or so it says.) if you want to paint lightning in a more controlled manner... i use paths. draw the path of the lightning bolt, then choose a large airbrush, low opacity, pale blue (or whatever colour you want the bolt to be) colour. stroke the path a couple of times, then change the airbrush nozzle to a smaller size, and make the colour closer to white. keep doing that 'til you get down to a white core.

DanielChicago ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 3:58 PM

Brad, Well, like I said before, I want to know what I can do to make my Poser people look less stiff and more realistic after they've been rendered. Also, should I use something else besides Poser to render? Daniel daniel@danielchicago.com

bradthedog ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 4:08 PM

maybe look for a more realistic texture to start with. I export mine as obj and render in bryce and think they look much better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.