Fri, Sep 20, 4:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Vicky 3 in Lightwave...

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 2:45 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_77143.jpg

Hey guys... i'm new to the Poser community. Well I actually use Lightwave most of the time, but got interested in Poser after i saw how high quality the models have become. Vicky 3 is great ! The amount of detail in there is nothing short of amazing...

Anyway here is a render of her i did in Lightwave, nothing too fancy, 4 lights and G2, Poser 4 pro, default DAZ hi rez textures. No postwork, except resizing in Photoshop.

Later i hope to add some background and hair also.. any suggestions for good quality hair ? (free would be nice)

Comments and crits welcome...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 2:56 AM

Attached Link: Kozaburo

Kozaburo has a lot of free hair, most of it adaptable to V3 - some of it MADE for her. Link above :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 5:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/

Another site for great free hair and more. Nice render & good to hear a LW user say something nice about Poser :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 5:50 AM

WOW ! Gotta admire these guys for giving away stuff like this.. The MayaDoll char also sounds quite promising. And thanks for the compliment.. not all of us LW guys are that bad ;) Well ok, i used to be a bit snooty in the beginning, but now i take every app as it comes.

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 5:56 AM

Another question... how do you guys handle the long loading time of V3 ? It takes something like 2-3 mins to load everything up on my system. Any way to reduce that, assuming it is possible to reduce it ? Also anyone have experience loading the morfs into LW... do you save every morf as a seperate OBJ file or is there any plugin to ease this ? -Thanks.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 6:13 AM

How we handle the loading time? Well personally I browse this forum while it loads (no kidding) or read a book, fetches a coke or somethng similar L I guess you learn to live with it G And I don't know how to transfer the morphs into LW. I would morph the character in Poser and THEN bring it into LW.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 7:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=483169&Start=1&Artist=Mazak&ByArtist=Yes

Hehehehehehe... Ok I couldnt resist!! ;-) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 7:59 AM

Long loading times? I'd suggest not filling her up with morphs you won't use. The v3 cr2 I use most of the time is just over 7 megs and loads just as fast--if not faster--than any other character. Remember, with v3 you can inject a morph any time you want if you decide you need it. You don't have to keep them all loaded into her all the time.

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 8:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=326887&Start=1&Artist=jerr3d&ByArtist=Yes

Oddly enough, I did a animation of Vicky3 in Lightwave using that same pose. Here is the link.

The texture, though, is Nasya by my friend Tamela

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 8:57 AM

Nice ! Maybe we could have an 'All app vicky convention' or something :) Gotta complain though that V3 really deserves a better renderer than the one in Poser, well in Poser 4 anyway. Don't know if Poser 5 is nicer. ernyoka1: Yeah that's how i'm doing it now. But i really hate those nasty defroms you get at the joints in poser. I was hoping to re rig it in LW, and then import the morfs someway... Have to do some more experiments i guess. Only problem, the damn mesh is so heavy, i'm afraid it'l crash or something. "Remember, with v3 you can inject a morph any time you want if you decide you need it. You don't have to keep them all loaded into her all the time." Hmmm.. i see your point. Right now i'm getting a feel for the morfs and what each does so i tend to load everything. When i become more familiar, i'll try doing it that way.

richardnovak77 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 10:58 AM

hey, those pics rock. i moved from c4d to lightwave under a year ago, and so far i'm impressed. you know, most users of bigger apps bag on poser quite often. i wonder if we could get a group going, like "lightwaving posers" or something? that image with lightwave and the one with cinema look absolutely amazing. better that film quality. keep it going!!!

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 11:51 AM

Thanks ! Way i see it is that not everyone can or should be an expert in character modeling. But that doesn't mean you can't become good at other kinds of stuff like lighting, texturing, animation etc. Personally i'm a reasonably decent modeler, but i rarely get the time to be able to create something like a whole realistic human. So i use premade stuff to learn the other stuff till i do find time. Whatever else you think about Poser, you have to admit that it certainly has some excellent (and cheap) content available which can be used outside the proggie also. eg here with V3, i plan to practice how to do realistic skin shading and rigging a high detail model in LW. Maybe create some short anims also...

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 12:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=471400&Start=1&Artist=Hiram&ByArtist=Yes

While I'm not a huge fan of the P4 render engine, I've come to accept it and learned to work around it with lighting and just a tad of post-work in Photoshop. I *adore* V3.

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 1:54 PM

Hey Hiram that's very very good work ! Wow ! Wish i could do post work like that.. I'm a total klutz when it comes to drawing by hand, so i have to to do it the long way around, by making sure the render itself is as good as it can be. Not an easy or fun task to be sure, mostly lot's of repetitive tweaking. For animations of course this can be a real timesaver, but for stills it's a real pain !

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 3:52 PM

How about the "Poser Lightwave Users Group" aka PLUGs or the "Lightwave Users of Vicky" LW UV's ?

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 5:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.greenbriarstudio.com/3D/

Know nothing about it but this company has some tools for working with Poser content in LW.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.