Sun, Oct 6, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: FREE Planets

Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2003 at 6:54 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

Attached Link: http://digital.dizz.com/proptextures3.htm

file_77516.jpg

some planet/moon props in my Free area..

Lunaseas ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2003 at 8:09 PM

Thanks!!

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2003 at 11:05 PM

Very nice! I'd been wishing for an earth map texture, mostly as an aid to thinking -- a digital globe, so to speak.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

rodzilla ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:26 AM

Attached Link: http://gw.marketingden.com/planets/earth.html

file_77517.jpg

sorta like this ockham? rendered in p4,it's just three nested speres[not the low rez poser ones tho]a bit of messing around with the mat editor and...tada! maps are availabe at the link. it works great as a prop if not the central focus of an image...looks GREAT getting whacked by a baseball bat,held in the hand,gazed at intently etc...

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 3:15 AM

kewl....what prop are you applying the textures to?

rodzilla ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 3:59 AM

there are just three sphere's..one inside the other,each slightly smaller than the one before it,all parented together in poser and saved as a prop the smallest one is the planet itself. it gets the main colour map and it's complimentary bump map the next one is slightly larger and gets the cloud map and it's transparency map[think i also stuck the trans map in the bump slot] the third is slightly bigger still and is just a solid light blue in both the object and ambient slots without any maps.transparency max at 100%,min at around 35%,and a low "transparency falloff" setting in the mat editor..which makes it clear towards the center and blue as it approaches the edges..shadow casting is off for this sphere... the sphere's themselves are just that,sphere's. allthough they come from 3dsmax and have more segments than the poser defaults,and are a fair bit more round because of it,you could just as easily use the ones that come with poser or from any other program,allthough close up's might look a little "chunkier" than this one with the poser defaults :)

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 4:15 AM

file_77518.jpg

ahhh, ok, thanks for the info....I had 2 spheres right but couldn't figure out the 3rd one...I'll try it again....btw, the default Poser sphere isn't round so I made one in UVMapper...it's not as round as I'd like but it'll do...thanks again for the info!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 1:35 PM

dizzie, thanks for the planets! just to let you know, the javascript browser detect on your site is very, very, annoying. first of all, it didn't correctly interpret my mozilla browser as being compliant. second of all, it then sent me into a loop where it would try to download the page, thow up the alert, be oked, continue, throw up the alert, etc. endlessly until i almost simultaneously hit enter on the ok and pressed the stop button in the browser. basically, the detect doesn't take into account enough cases, but even if it did, it's just annoying and could cause the user to have to force quit the browser.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 1:39 PM

oh, and that's not so much a complaint, because i'm not peeved, but just to let you know you might want to change it. thanks again for the planets.

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:47 PM

my pages are encrypted......try a different browser....:>)

Mugsey ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 5:05 PM

HEY-One of those planets is an exact model of my homeworld ZOZNAK 7! HOW DID YOU GET THAT - EARTH PERSON!!! LOL

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 5:38 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=geoegress

These are poser ready

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 8:46 PM

how about not advertising on my free prop post ...there is a Product Showcase forum for this.

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 6:44 AM

not an ad- just letting ppl know that others are available for poser also. I'd do it for clothing textures or swords or anything else!!! and beside- when you take money out of the marketplace by making a near copy of a store product- do you not expect a mild response??? me bounces away to make a near copy of Lace Throws and give it away in freestuff

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 8:07 AM

" my pages are encrypted......try a different browser....:>" What are they trying to protect? It's just a basic page with thumbnail links to your freestuff. [I had to dig out an OLD version of Netscape 4 to open them, as they don't recognise Firebird my preferred browser]. I could see the point if you were trying to protect the art in your galleries [although it wouldn't be very effective], but those pages are unencrypted, so it comes back to why bother? And if you must use encryption, then at least write the code so that it works with all modern browsers rather than just a subset. A version number test might work with IE and Netscape, but precludes a lot of others. Feature based tests are much more reliable. [e.g. if (document.all || document.getElementById || document.layers) { //browser IE4+ or DOM compliant or Netscape 4 } else { // old browser } ] Your freestuff does look nice, and thanks for making it available, but forcing people to change browsers to look at it is a bit impolite. -- Mark

Mark

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 5:37 PM

Give it a rest Geo, I had no idea you or anyone else had planets in the market place...

wrpspeed ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 8:14 AM

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 9:37 AM

I never said or even implied that the honerable dizzie should'nt make or even give away this item. I did not complain about it at all, go reread it. I also was not the one to bitch in this forum or to send IM's out to me... illusions, your being persumptive about this without all the facts. go see what I posted here- if someone wanted sword or whatever- and there are other sources- isn't that part of community to make at the very lease the links available. "...competion is a good thing..." so whats good for dizzy is not good for me huh

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.