Fri, Sep 20, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Question before buying poser

Goalie35 ( ) posted Wed, 24 September 2003 at 11:49 PM ยท edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 7:24 PM

I'm looking to purchase poser but don't know which version to get. Obviously, I want poser 5 but my pc that I work on is a little outdated. I'm running on a 700 mhz cpu with 128 megs of ram. Is there any way I can get poser 5 on here or should I go with version 4 & the pro pack? Thanks. -Goalie35

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 12:01 AM

Yes, P5 should run on your system, but I wouldn't recommend it. The performance will be severely lacking, and you won't be able to get much use out of the Cloth or Hair Rooms.

Frankly, I'd suggest a hardware upgrade even if you settle for Poser 4/Artist. At the very least, install extra memory. If your motherboard will support it, an additional 256MB shouldn't cost more than $40-45.

HaiGan ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:13 AM

Poser 4 itself (no propack) ran fine on my older PC (600 mHz, I think, 128 MB RAM). I was careful not to run anything else at the same time and to keep the tracking and display options to lower-demand settings whenever I could. However, big scenes with multiple models slowed it to an almost unworkable crawl, and if I tried to open a character file with a wrong file path in it then the whole system would crash. I'd think machine should cope if you're gentle with it, if the budget is tight. There'll be glitches, but you get those with Poser from time to time anyway. Save frequently!

nornaddict ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 6:16 AM

I had poser4 running on a 200Mhz Pentium with 64Mb Ram but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone else if you want to keep your hair ;) I'd suggest you stick to poser4 unless you can afford to either upgrade or buy a newer machine.

who3d ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:58 AM

Don't overlook Poser Artist - essentially Poser 4 but for 99 euros/dollars IIRC. If you don't need the pro pack capabilities it just might be enough and save some dough.

ddblood ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 11:15 AM

forget poser and put your money torwards a new pc. It would be a much better investment.

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:52 PM

Wow, am I out of the loop or what? I've been using Poser since Poser 2, several years now, and I've never heard of Poser Artist. Melanie (with her head in the sand) :)

nornaddict ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 1:54 AM

hehehe Poser Artist was announced not that long ago, it's basically Poser4 in a new school friendly box, but the big news about it was they're going to be updating it at some point.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.