Fri, Oct 4, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Request help with .png icons for INJ and REM .fc2 files

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:22 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 6:40 PM

I've been working on some face morphs for Michael 3 that I'd like to share. I created 91x91 pixel .png images to go along with the INJ and REM .fct files that I've created. The .png files have names that correspond exactly to the morph file names, but they aren't showing up. I'm getting sort of a flat oval image instead of the usual "guy shrugging his shoulders" icon that would appear if I hadn't tried to include .pngs. I don't understand what's wrong. I created the .pngs by taking a 600x600 render which was originally saved as a .psd, shrinking to 91x91. I added some text, flattened and sharpened the image, then saved it as .png. Can anyone help me understand why the icons won't show up properly in Poser?

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:33 PM

The PNG file needs to include an alpha channel. Look at an existing one for an example. A quick work around is to render to a new window 91 x 91 pixels in size and save as a PNG file. Poser will create the alpha channel for you.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 7:39 PM

Phil, many thanks for your quick and helpful reply. I must have lost the .psd's alpha channel when I converted the file. I'll do as you suggest, that sounds perfect. Thanks again! :-) Dean

jelisa ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 11:55 AM

You can also try converting the PNGs to RSRs using P3DO, then delete the PNGs and convert the RSRs back to PNGs.

panko ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 3:01 PM

Also there is a utility called RSR Converter by Philip Foss that could be found at free stuff. It's an Photoshop action in fact and has a text file explaining how to go about it. I use it extensively and works just fine.

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.