Fri, Sep 20, 4:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:25 pm)

Subject: M3 still a pretty boy

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 11:22 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:58 PM

file_77813.jpg

WIP...need to adjust, post a bit on the eye stretches...this guy needs more stubble, and a scar or two.... Any suggestions for textures to roughen him up a bit??? still has a bit of a soft look--not very piratee (is that a word??) LOL

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ddblood ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 11:25 PM

make him dirty, grimy, oily. I would imagine the only time a pirate took a bath was when they had to walk the plank.

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2003 at 11:31 PM

yeah..I think that'd the problem..too clean and clean shaven

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:00 AM

A little less lipstick would also help !

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:16 AM

You need more irregular scar tissue under the left eye. The sort of injury that would damage the cornea in a pirate probably involved chemicals or explosives such as from a cannon or musket. And for this more is more..... I assume you are trying for a pirate look...can you damage an ear in some way? Scarab

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:34 AM

I'll get the new millenium dog after em in a bit..:) The ear mangle thing would be good...and the scars...yes...my post work is pitiful..but a good learning experience

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:39 AM

AAAAAAAAaaaaaand of course the nose is way too straight for someone who probably gets most of their nutrition in taverns. "ARRRRRrrr..you talkin' t' me?" "I akesed yez....Arrrr y'talkin to ME?" "Yez must be talkin' t' me, cuz ther' be nobody elzg here...now be's there?" "POW!" Scarab<- "Arrrrrrr"

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:49 AM

That nose twisty bending thing is a bit of a prob for M3 ..it doesn't bend that way....I've been trying to use wave deform and magnets, but I'm still learning that too... I did get the puff and the eyes to get sunk a bit more...May try to use a filter on the nose...my wacom has a putty tool that can bend stuff....I'll try that :) I've been stuck in the Poser plug and play for too long..time to start really doing this stuff on my own...:)

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 12:54 AM

Dude...youre way beyond me on the technical....but medically/anatomically...ask me anything S.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 7:11 AM

I think your off to a great start here. Even though his teeth look a little crooked, they look far to clean. Dirty them up a bit. It's not like this guy would ever floss. Also a big hoop earring is just about a mandatory pirate accessory. I suggest the Poser Torus for that.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 8:07 AM

The teeth...yes :) ...Believe it or not, I never thought to use the torus as a hoop earing...I have a couple of texture sets that have hoops...but why did I not think of that??? so obvious LOL Then , of course, an eye patch when he's courting V3 ;)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 9:57 AM

I have a buncha scars and stuff coming out soon for him :) But that doesn't help now.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 10:29 AM

I'll be looking for those scars :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 3:09 AM

Is he bald? The hair ought to be stringy and greasy. Have you thought about... nose hair? Ear hair? Yes, it's disgusting, but these guys didn't groom themselves very well. A bit of salt/sweat caking on the overall texture, too. Carolly

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 8:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1455767

please check this out..my sons rendition of the pretty boy pirate..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.