Sun, Sep 22, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Getting Rid of Poser 5

ConsoleCowboy ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 3:42 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:21 AM

I have a couple of questions. I currently no longer have the time or desire to continue messing with Poser 5, and would like to get rid of it and all the accessories that I have for it, (mike 1&2, Step, Vict 1,2&3, Tailor, P-Wizard, EasyPose Wizard, V2 Clothing Pack, Flip Hair, Vicky Vogue 2003, and Painter 3D) 1.) Is $250.00 to much to ask for all this, and 2.) Can I put the whole thing up on eBay with a buy it now type of option?

Note: This is the original software (Poser and painter) with all manuals, etc. Only thing is I dont have the original boxes.

Please respond here, or via my email of cgp1@icsi.net

Thanks

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 4:30 PM

For Poser itself, you'll need a transfer-of-ownership form, which can be downloaded at Curious Labs:

http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/articleview/347/1/17/

The accessories (especially the DAZ products) are another matter.

squeeka ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 6:44 PM

I'd put it up on eBay with a set sell price and see what kind of response you get :) I know I check there often for software :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 10:15 PM

the DAZ items cannot be resold... but get in touch with DAZ...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

rdf ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 12:16 AM

Dave-So: "The DAZ items cannot be resold." Is that right? I'd have to go back and look to be sure, but I thought I read once in the DAZ EULA something about "without permission." If so, might they not give their permission if you were selling out altogether, i.e., selling a business or something?

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:55 AM

they might...that's why I said to get in touch with them :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ConsoleCowboy ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:10 AM

I have sent an email to the folks at DAZ and am waiting on a response from them. Esentially I'm not selling the DAZ stuff, Just selling Poser (which I got the transfer of ownership form (thx little_dragon)), but since I wont have poser anymore I wont need the DAZ stuff so I'm just giving it to the purchaser of Poser. I know.. this can be chalked up to symantics. Selling something for a set price and giving other stuff away with it is esentially selling something for a lower set price and selling the other stuff as well.. hence the reason I'm asking :) Hopefully DAZ will say "Sure.. go ahead, just be sure there are no old archives of products laying around on your end.."

rdf ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:34 PM

Don't think you're allowed to give 'em away either, without their permission.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.