Sun, Oct 6, 11:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Need a good short hairstyle for V3

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 1:52 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:22 AM

I'm pulling my hair out over this problem. (no pun intended) When I wrote my script and drew my storyboards for the animation I am working on, I didn't really consider how I was going to accomplish certain things. In my story my main character is a young woman with longish hair. (shoulder length)towards the end of the story she goes thru a life changing event and gets her hair cut drastically shorter. I'm at the point now where I am forcing myself to do final character designs (so that I can get on with animation) and I realized that I just wasn't finding the right kind of hair, or at least not 2 sets of hair that realistically looked like they came from the same head. :D When I started planning the project I was using V2 with the good old full and feathered hair, but as I've progressed I want to use V3 and something more realistic. I'm thinking of buying the Grace Lion hair for the long cut, but now I need a suggestion for the short cut. I've looked all thru the marketplace and I'm just not finding it Yve's hair is too flat, (but the length is in the right ballpark) I want something with a bit more life to it. Does anybody have any ideas for productsor free stuff (must allow commercial usage) that will fit my needs? Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 1:53 PM

Ugh and forgive the typos. :(

SWAMP ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 2:27 PM

What about Daz...they have the Short Cut,Wedge Cut,and Gel hair.All made for Vic2,but fit Vic3 with little effort. Also Koz made textures for all three. SWAMP

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 2:44 PM

Hmmmm... actually I'm thinking Ukon's casual bob. the front is perfect for what I want and the back is close enough. Aside from the fact that it's a little too cute for my character. (she's kind of a slob.)it looks good, and the price is reasonable. Now here's the thing. do you guys think that hairstyle (with appropriately similar texture color) can pass as the same head of hair (as the Grace Lion hair by Quarker) with a different cut? Hope that's not a dumb question, but I know a lot of others have a better eye for fine details than me.

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 2:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/%7Ekozaburo/dload.html

have you thought of using koz's long hair and messy hairs??? they are similar in style only one is long and one is short and he has no restrictions on useage (except for redistribution) :)

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 3:13 PM

Unfortunately the Messy hair isn't quite short enough, but yeah I have considered that.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 4:14 PM

Dark Whisper's "Anime Hair" looks good (RMP until tomorrow only) and Vairesh's "Charlize Hair" is another short one which looks pretty real (PoserPros has the most up to date version of this one including V3.)

My Renderosity Store

WaxTextures ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 4:34 PM

Koz's Short Hair for V2 works beautifully on V3. -Nancy.

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 5:55 PM

anime hair is sorta what I originally drew in my storyboards. (I tend to draw in a Japanese style even though the actual project will be less stylized) and bought DW's hair but alas it isn't what I need. IMO it doesn't look very good for closeups, something about the way it's mapped reminds me of a houseplant. I tried Koz's short hair. Unfortunately it's a bit to flat for what I want and has some odd things about it (IMO) in closeups. sigh... I'm too picky I know but this is my main character.

Petunia ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:04 PM

Neftis has a very nice short hair style for V3 as well.

Fyrene ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 3:31 AM

Dont limit yourself to looking at just female hair. The hair made for Mike can be easily tweaked to fit Vicky 2/3 as well :) I love the look of Yann hair on Vicky. Just my personal opinion. :)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 5:30 AM

What Fyrene said - I've used Kozaburo's male hair on V3 with a bit of tweaking. Looked good. :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 5:55 AM

And if the Messy Hair is too long, you COULD chop it shorter with a transmap...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:49 AM

Hey, Ya know I thought about the Yann hair but $20 is a lot for me to gamble on something that I don't know will work. If you have a pic of Vickie in the Yann hair could you please post it. (Or any other male hair that you think would be good for my needs.) I already tried the morphing Flat top it's close, but even with all the spikey and sizing morphs it's a bit too tall and well formed. Like too INTENTIONALLY butch. My character has to cut her hair for reasons I can't really go into in the story, and isn't really trying to make a statement, at least not on a conscious level, though the haircut represents to the viewer that things has changed. If all else fails I may try the transmap approach... I had thought about trying that, but I have pretty limited experience with it. :) Thanks to all of you.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:52 AM

BTW Neftis's short hair (I assume you mean the GAB hair) looks nice, but is way too elegant. My character is a young woman, (22) a slob, and has a lot of problems in her life. She doesn't wear makeup, and isn't gonna bother with any hairstyle that requires much upkeep.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.