Sat, Oct 5, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Taking Texture requests

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 1:11 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:25 AM

Hiya! My last two texture packs seem to have had good responses in the freestuff. Before I do another one of my own choosing - I was wondering if there was anything people wanted specifically. :) I was looking at the store wishlist and someone mentioned home decor type stuff, as well as spaceship textures. Anything else? Was thinking of doing another horse set, and then a bunch of fantasy shirts with transmaps. Since I am a costumer as well, I'll be using scans of vintage trims and fabric from my collection.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 10:09 AM

heyas; i think there's a shortage of good cats and dogs. :) if you wanted to make cat textures for my big face cat, that would be really cool, too. the big face wolf and lion could use some more textures. (they're all at www.poserworld.com, under textures.) thanks for asking :)

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 10:39 AM

Hey Lyrra, By fantasy shirts do you mean medieval type stuff? That would be awesome...would love to see some textures for the dresses and pants too for that era...

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 12:36 PM

Fantasy shirts would be cool. Also, is there any way you could do any textures for the P3 male??? Please??

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 5:26 PM

Bloodsong I have some cats and dogs that I've done. Some photo - some painted. I have the bigface cat, lion and wolf so I'll put those on my to do list. Any chance you could take a stab at remapping Lemur's cathead people? the face is in four bits and is really awkward. Pendarion and Dragon Medeival/rennaisance/and hollywood fantasy. Maybe some elfquest type stuff. Some will be historically accurate, some will not. Planning on range from peasant to king. So ask for specifics if you have in mind. :) (like Kevin Sorbo's pants from Hercules or Nightshades tunic) But really wanted some basics - that can be used in many scenes. Dragon Skin textures? Ummm. I have a couple p4 I've made I can reverse engineer. Looking for something specific?

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 6:04 PM

Lyrra, I was looking for basics also the type of stuff that with different textures applied would look different everytime, so that sounds really awesome to me :) Someday I will be able to make clothing and textures too I hope, I hope :)

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 7:11 PM

Umm. Maybe small misunderstanding here - I'll only be making textures and transmaps. Still haven't got the hang of the clothing making thing. So I'll just follow around after and make textures. I tend to think that's the fun part anyway:) Next time wehn I post texture for a nonstandard model I'll put a URL in a readme file. Had a little trouble with the wizards robe set :) I was just sick and tired of all these grey wizards:)

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 7:32 PM

I don't even have the hang of making textures yet hehehehe...anything that you do I'm sure is going to be really great and very appreciated :)

Kennef ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2000 at 11:05 PM

Request1: Photo realistic Native American texture for P4 DOrK, errm... male... hehehe

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2000 at 1:48 AM

Kennef Do you have a specific regional type in mind? they vary widely by area. Source material would be good. Ummm. Native american clothing would be good too. I'll tack that on the list. I think you'll need morphs as well as a texture to get the look you want.

Kennef ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2000 at 8:36 AM

Lyrra, I think you are right about the morphs, now i wonder who in the Renderosity community would be generous enough to help out with that. as far as regional type is concerned, i i have seen a plains indian character, bt that one was a poser3 male model and not very well textured anyhow. kenn

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2000 at 9:35 AM

heyas; those'd be cool, lyrra! (the big face animals, i mean) thanks :) um... will take a look at lemur's cat people when i get a chance. shouldnt be too hard if you want to try, just select the head and do a planar mapping, z axis, split front and back, in uvmapper.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2000 at 10:50 AM

Kennef Well the Morphworld list has been talking about regional and ethnic facial types - so keep an eye on morphs at MorphWorld. I'll start collecting source material but it may be a while. Bloodsong No problem :) I have over 300 megs of animal photos, so It just means sorting through and doing a lot of clone-brushing in photoshop. :) UVmapper and I don't seem to agree on certain things. Every time I try to use it on my system it either bombs, or messes up the obj.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2000 at 11:41 AM

heyas; that's too bad, uvmapper is great. oh, and if i wanted to be really selfish, i could use some cat textures for cat2, which is in the cheetah file. in fact, the cheetah could use a much better cheetah texture, too. :/ anyway, never distributed cat2 by itself (it has real shoulders sliced from the chest), so dunno if anyone else would find those useful; 'less they used the new obj from the cheetah in the regular cat cr2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.