Sat, Sep 21, 1:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: black horse texture...what I have learned so far wip..

Lorraine ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2000 at 11:46 PM ยท edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 3:48 AM

file_131018.jpg

this texture is really a dark grey, setting the object color to black, Highlight to white, reflective to black; I made a plain black reflective map by just filling a 800x800 image with black. then loaded it for the reflective map. bmp is from an all black texture. Still experimenting but I think I am getting closer, this does refelct different lights...

Jelisa-j ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2000 at 2:34 AM

Much better than my attempt, should of thought of making it dark grey. Looks close to what is needed. And then comes the bump map, think adding noise then smearing them in the way horses hair would grow would work. Good Luck on This. It looks like a pony or a Mustang to me. Makes me think to redo my version of a white socked black horse. url to my textures: http://users.ev1.net/~riggsd/poser.html You'll have to follow it to Xoom, but it may change anytime, the ev1 link page will follow the new location when that comes. Tell me what you think please.

MadRed ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2000 at 6:33 AM

There is a 'Coco the horse' texture somewhere (or is it 'Jasper?') It is black with a nice real-world-type sheen to it. I'll try to look it up in my archives (wouldn't want to upload it without artist's permission.) But the picture above looks OK.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2000 at 1:25 PM

heyas! very nice! :) try also messing with the highlight size. and colour too, a bluish sheen might be nice.

Lorraine ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2000 at 8:55 PM

I tried the bluish sheen, tried reflective map. Lighting seemed to be helpful but infinite light made the white blue. This is a challange, but I feel that the trick is to get closer to how poser "computes" light reflection when the color is "black" There is very little reflection if the underlying texture map is all black. I am still working on this, but there are two types of "black" horses, one that is called true black and a seal brown which is mostly black with brown highlights. True black is defined as being black with no brown, although there are usually a few white flecks, there is usually no brown otherwise it is a brown or seal brown. I noticed a change with the reflection map, though I don't know why it should change it did. Using all white reflection map on the dark grey with the settings as above gives a bit better sheen to the coat.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.