Sun, Oct 6, 10:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: September challenge decision time...heeeelp!

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 1:55 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:57 AM

For those that have seen my WIPs, should I go with Trail of Tears part 1, 2 or 3? Just can't make up my mind. Any ideas?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 2:28 PM

Wellll, since I've entered too, I should suggest one I think would do badly. ;-) I like the first one, with the snow. They're all good, but the others suffer a little from poseritis. Sorry, don't hate me. I can't really talk. I'm suck big time with poser to the extent that I don't even try anymore. hence my picture was set early morning before anyone woke up. Good luck.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

mboncher ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 3:59 PM

I refuse to answer on the grounds you may beat me. ;c)They're all excellent, but if you want to beat me, I think number two is your bet.

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 4:22 PM

First I compared the hits on viewing & comments. Next I looked at each one, My fav is the original (#1). What caught my eye was the atmosphere of coldness & the portrayal of despair. (IMHO) Good Luck!!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 5:41 PM

I too think the first one was the most atmospheric and held a lot of emotion and dispair. 8) Catlin

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 7:08 PM

I prefer the first one as well (and I'm not entering). It had that painful desolate feel about it much more than the others.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

amethyss ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 12:07 AM

Well one thing I know is that when I change my mind and resubmit,I kick myself.So go with the first choice always.

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 8:31 AM

I prefer the first one too. It's very atmosphereic and full of memotion and it's technically exellent too. I like the ratio of the image too, it's perfect for the composition.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

brittmccary ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 10:38 AM

Well, I'm with the majority here. l #1.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 3:21 PM

Ok I am convinced. I will go with number one, which was after all the one I originally intended to enter. Thanks for all your comments. That's what I love about this forum, everyone is so helpful and friendly. And Drawbridgep I only originally bought poser to put figures into my bryce landscapes, that was back when I updated to Bryce 3. Have B5 but still use P4.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 3:31 AM

I feel really bad now. I didn't mean it to sound like I was taking a dig at your poser work, which is so much better than anything I could do. I just find it really difficult to achieve natural results in Poser and anyone that can even get the limbs to stay in the correct place gets my vote. Sorry. (I'll be hiding in shame now.)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 6:52 AM

Its Ok I didn't take it as a dig, it was a good point. Just that I rarely nowadays use poser as poser, if you know what I mean, because you can't get an image to look right very easily in poser. Prefer Bryce, for all its little quirks and the fact that I am still learning. You are never to old to learn. I spent a lot of time lurking in the poser forum, learning to get better results. And time is about the only thing I have plenty of. Message671422.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.