Sun, Sep 22, 2:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: rendering problems

ladyduece ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 12:58 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:36 AM

My p4 renders are coming in blurry no matter what quality they are saved at... I'd been told that working big and then shrinking them back down and save for web with a 70-80 quality so I thought they were fine... Just uploaded one to the gallery and it's a pixely nightmare. Can anyone tell me what the heck I am doing wrong? I do my postwork in ps7. They have Never looked this bad posted so I'm really confused.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 1:05 PM

What I usually do is to save out of Poser as a .tif file, which is a lossless format. Then open it in PS and do any postwork, then save from PS for web. PS's optimising is about a thousand times better than Poser's ;-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 2:26 PM

Yes, whatever you do, DON'T save them as jpg, unless it's a quick little diddy you just gotta show someone NOW before you work on with the "real" picture. I would also recomment saving as Tiff as it retains the alpha channel. PNG does too, but I prefer tiff, SOMETIMES my psp can't see poser's alpha in png's.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 3:14 PM

file_78757.jpg

Since you use PS7 to do postwork, you can save your renders uncompressed in .psd format. That way it retains the alpha channel. In your render options you can set the output to a fairly large size or a higher dpi. I set mine it at 72 for screen output. It is prefered to render the output in a new window instead of the main window... see pics

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

ladyduece ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 4:10 PM

Wow putting it as a tif makes a huge difference and blowing it up even more than I have helps a ton too... Going to go back and try this same picture saved as a psd and compare between the tiff and psd.... Question is then do I save for web as a gif? I know the gallery here is either jpeg of gif so I would guess yes... just trying to figure this all out. Thanks

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 4:57 PM

Not gif, use jpeg. For this kind of pictures, jpg is the best. And REMEMBER to use the Save for Web and not Save as... when you save it as jpg. The Save As... jpg's are a lesser quality than the "Save for Web" jpg's :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 5:11 PM

the rules are: High colors photographic or rendered images - save as jpegs low colors, line art. - save as gif I think poser art falls into the first category, unless you are gonna do some "toon style" low color images.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 5:50 PM

If you save at maximum quality JPG, you'll get a much larger file with no visible compression. The file format itself is not bad, just the compression methods.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.